Home

Please sharpen up EA and update ALL the content

This is a discussion on Please sharpen up EA and update ALL the content within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Please sharpen up EA and update ALL the content

First of all. I just want to clarify: I just love the EA game and has been a "fanboy" (though I´m 33 years old now) since 94 and just because of that I think its pretty annoying and bad that these little things that I will write about takes the game down a bit for me. Sad but truth.

Well, here we go...

I bought NHL10 yesterday and I was as always looking forward to start put it in my Xbox 360 and was curious to see what EA has performed this time.

But I wasn't very happy with what I saw. I know that EA needs to concentrate of improved and developed gameplay for season to season. That is what selling copies. But they shouldn't forget whats alreday in the game and update that too. My feeling is that they put some things in the game and then letting it be with that and they are satisfied and then don't update it.

As I´m from Sweden and mostly play games with the swedish elite teams I can see how terrible EA is to update the game. Except for 1 team, Rögle, has the swedish teams 3 season old jerseys in the game (!!!!). Is that worthy a game from EA Sports? No, I don't think so. Let me take some examples. Farjestad has an black jersey in the game.
Farjestad has played in green for a season and a half now.

Skelleftea has got an white away jersey for two seasons now (it is yellow in the game). Lulea has an third yellow jersey, that they are wearing about 40 percent of their games and has got that yellow jersey for some seasons now and that is not inte game.

Sodertalje has an all red jersey with white and blue stripes on their stomach. In the game they have a red jersey with black blocks on the shoulders. They haven't had that for three seasons... And speaking about Rogle. In the game they have the green jersey at home and the white away. IRL its vice versa. They play in white at home and green away (they actually dont use their green jersey at all because of that all other teams plays in coloured jerseys at home)

And something else that is very annoying is the misspelled names. Jonas "the monster" Gustavsson has his last name spelled Gustafsson in the game. Jonas Nordquist has his last named spelled Nordqvist. And a goalie in Timra, Magnus Åkerlund, has the glove on the left side in the game, the right side IRL.

And the rosters isn´t updated either. In NHL09 were the Swedish elite league rosters not up to date, but they were updated at least to 1st of June, so there wasn't many players missing. Now in NHL 10. The rosters isn't updated at all except for those who has left their teams for playing in the swiss league, that is added to the game for this season. Those players is taken away from their swedish teams and added to their new clubs in the swiss league. And there is players missing aswell, an example: Niklas Andersson is missing in the Djurgarden team although he played 33 games last season. But players in other teams, that played only 2 or 3 games is in the game...

Yes I know, complains, complains, complains... but it is sad that EA is lacking in these parts because of their doing so much else fine and I dont think they should underrestamate those things either, because of the game is selled outside North America and there is not good PR to have 3 year old jerseys in the game.
BTW. Hardcore mode is unplayable. (at least for the moment, I think there is just an adaption thing ;-) )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Please sharpen up EA and update ALL the content

My only complaint is please add more real goalie gear , Sherwood, Reebok and new bauer .
Poor Marty still in rbk Maybe its a date thing like last year where its couldnt be added in time.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

2K baseball is renowned for having MLB players who are white, depicted as black in the game, and vice versa. Or with one skin tone for their head, and a completely different skin tone for their arms. Even found a couple of those players in The Show. Plus, The Show has players with peanut heads on fire hydrant bodies, and pumpkin heads on pencil-thin bodies.

Would you rather deal with what are essentially throwback jerseys along with the occasional player-name typo? Or would you prefer having to watch peanut and pumpkin-headed Oreo cookies skating up and down the ice all game long?
Old 09-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 38

I want it All !!!!!!!!!!!!!! baa7
Old 09-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
I want it All !!!!!!!!!!!!!! baa7
Sure. But until then, I'll take outdated/throwback jerseys over pumpkin-headed skaters and bucket-headed goalies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

Short and sweet...no one cares about Sweden or any international teams. The big market is the US and Canada and that's who EA caters to first. Everything else is icing on the cake. Remember the title NHL which is national hockey league. That comes first.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Old 09-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

I know it won't fix the jersey's but http://petrpuck.blogspot.com does a pretty great job as far as CAPs and roster moves are concerned, even for the international leagues. Outside of that it's like superjew said, most people (that the game is marketed to) just don't care about the euro leagues.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:20 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

It's called NHL 10 and not Swedish Elite League 10 for a reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »