Home

Are people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack?

This is a discussion on Are people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Are people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack?

I'm a Jets fan, and they have the Titans uniform in the game already...I haven't checked all the other AFL teams, but I'm pretty sure that the throwbacks are in there too...

This is more EA money grubbing BS....You get refs in orange and white unis, and the throwback logos on the field...Along with the throwback uniforms that are included in the game already. This is EXACTLY why I hate EA...

Look at UFC 2009...For free (on the 360) you get the roster expansion free...I forget how many fighters are included, but I'd say adding fighters brings far more to the table than a throwback ref uniform. I'm glad EA didn't dig its grubby mitts into the UFC game (the actual licensed one, not the offshoot they're trying to make) because I'm sure they'd be releasing fighters and overcharging, just like they are with the courses in Tiger Woods...Why put 24 courses in the retail game, when you can skimp a little, and then have DLC for courses that double the price of the game from 60 bucks to over 120 bucks?

It's pathetic...Next year they will probably make ppl pay for "better control drivers" for more accurate passing...Only 5 bucks! God forbid they put a little effort into tracking user stats instead of trying to milk people for garbage that is completely and utterly ridiculous. I mean, THE UNIFORMS ARE IN THE GAME ALREADY!

Last edited by BIGROC; 09-24-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: e people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack?

What a pointless thread.

The uniforms aren't already in the game except for I believe 3 (Jets/Titans blue, Bills blue, Chargers blue, out of 16) 5 new Madden Moments, a completely different presentation, additional bits of commentary, AFL Legacy games incorporated into Franchise mode etc. It's pretty good really. If you don't want it, don't buy it, simple as.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Are people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack?

NONE of what you wrote is described at all in the info box on the XBL marketplace. All it mentions is uniforms, and refs throwbacks...Nothing about madden moments, or anything else...
Old 09-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5
Icon14 Re: Are people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack?

I did, and I can say that although I believe it should be free, it was worth the $7.50 Hell I spend 4 to 5 dollars on a cup of starbucks coffee, so no big deal. Besides not only are the old uniforms there, they are now in home and away colors. Also the fields look nice with the oldtime markings, and the entire presentation looks like oldschool. Being that im 50 yrs old, and remember the old AFL, this is real nice, and a great change of game appearance in general. This time I can tip my hat to EA.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: e people actually buying the AFL Legacy pack?

Yea, your understanding of what is in the DLC is pretty bad.

Some people are finding it quite enjoyable and well worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
NONE of what you wrote is described at all in the info box on the XBL marketplace. All it mentions is uniforms, and refs throwbacks...Nothing about madden moments, or anything else...
I'm not trying to be funny - but ther are two separate LONG threads already about this subject that was done over the last couple of weeks. A ggod amount of people are for or it (like me)..and a larger number of people are against it.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
I did, and I can say that although I believe it should be free, it was worth the $7.50 Hell I spend 4 to 5 dollars on a cup of starbucks coffee, so no big deal. Besides not only are the old uniforms there, they are now in home and away colors. Also the fields look nice with the oldtime markings, and the entire presentation looks like oldschool. Being that im 50 yrs old, and remember the old AFL, this is real nice, and a great change of game appearance in general. This time I can tip my hat to EA.
Agreed on all points. I was surprised that SD and OAK. actually had different field markings with the AFL presentation on, somehow i missed that in the descriptions.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 24

Nah. Too bad Vick and Farve's stats come along with it, though. But, that's not enough for me to purchase. Wouldn't enjoy the brown tint filter thing, anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »