Home

Hitstick Warriors, cheese?

This is a discussion on Hitstick Warriors, cheese? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
Rookie

jgarcia's Arena

OVR: 6
Hitstick Warriors, cheese?

I wanted to know how my OS patrons felt about the guy that hitsticks on every play. I personaly dont like it, and they always seem to force a fumble because of it, its a lil too easy.

Is being a hitstick warrior a form of cheese?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Hitstick Warriors, cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarcia
I wanted to know how my OS patrons felt about the guy that hitsticks on every play. I personaly dont like it, and they always seem to force a fumble because of it, its a lil too easy.

Is being a hitstick warrior a form of cheese?

i dont consider it cheese your ment to hit stick in the game arnt you? if thats cheese then i must be a cheeser lol.

hit stick is like going for a hard tackle in a real life game if u dont go hard then go home.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:44 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

IDK, its kinda cheezy when every play is a hit stick. Not very "sim" lol.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:46 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
IDK, its kinda cheezy when every play is a hit stick. Not very "sim" lol.
well if the guy is in the open im goin for the big hit why sissy around? and besides u might miss anyway thats a chance u have to take.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:51 AM   #5
Rookie

jgarcia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaidher
well if the guy is in the open im goin for the big hit why sissy around? and besides u might miss anyway thats a chance u have to take.
I understand what your sayin, but NFL players dont get smashed on every play. Kinda chedsy for someone to do this on every play.

Maybe if they could limit one per half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 01:53 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

ONE per half?!

NFL players "Hit Stick" all the time. In fact, they're a lot like us gamers-- they do it too much, and it costs them because players with good upper body strength won't go down every time, or they'll just miss.

Using the Hit Stick all the time is definitely NOT "cheese"-- there are lots of ways to avoid losing the ball if you get hit hard, and even more ways to avoid the hard hit in the first place, and once they miss, it's over almost every time and they suffer in the form of a big gain by the ballcarrier.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #7
Rookie

jgarcia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
ONE per half?!

NFL players "Hit Stick" all the time. In fact, they're a lot like us gamers-- they do it too much, and it costs them because players with good upper body strength won't go down every time, or they'll just miss.

Using the Hit Stick all the time is definitely NOT "cheese"-- there are lots of ways to avoid losing the ball if you get hit hard, and even more ways to avoid the hard hit in the first place, and once they miss, it's over almost every time and they suffer in the form of a big gain by the ballcarrier.
Its not applied in the game very well. When I watched the boys vs giants I didnt see the ball carrier get hit by a flying human missle on every play.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:05 AM   #8
Banned

pretty soon people are going to say tackling is cheese lol they'll want us to let them go by without hitting them lol. hitsticking someone doesnt always have a guy flying through the air to tackle them matter of fact i dont think i ever saw that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »