Home

NHL 11 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Wishlist within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NHL 11 Wishlist

I know its only been a few days since the release of NHL 10 but its never too early to start raking up ideas for NHL 11. Now that NHL 10 worked on their gameplay, i am hoping to see more work on the graphics. Dont get me wrong they are pretty good already but there are a few adjustments that can be made. For instance, more work on specific arenas. Ever arena in NHL 10 looks exactly the same with a different logo in the middle. I would like to see more detail added that distinguishes an arena from another.

I would also see added more relivant music into the game. I mean the ones that are in the game now are not that bad but during play i would like to hear arena specific music. For example specific team songs for intros, goal songs, goal horns etc instead of the user adding it. it takes a lot of time and the sound quality and volume isnt that great.

What I would like to see added:
1) A referee mode (this would be a cool addition with the ability to call penalties, allow/disallow goal etc.
2) Pre game warm up (with the ability to add custom music to get pumped up) also half the seats being empty.
3) Not every arena to be full; i mean its a reality that in places like florida, carolina, atlanta the seats are not always full and it should be apparent in the game
4) the fans to be more aware... they should know the different between a goal and a game winning goal... also team specific chants ex. ole song in montreal.
5) pre season games with the stands being half full
6) an improved be a pro (ask for trades, off ice contracts etc)

Along with these additions there would be a lot more that i would like to see that was not mentioned. what do u think and what are some of you ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 11 Wishlist

it would also be nice to see fans walking up and down the isles.. and more off ice interaction with fans (practices) and things to do outside the rink (depending on the city u get drafted to (BAP)
Old 09-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

1. Adopt NHL2K10's fighting.
2. Fix fighting so only real fighters fight.
3. Fix the simming stats in Franchise
4. Make an option to carry your BAP and Be A GM saves onto next years version
Old 09-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

-Fix the fighting, right now it's stupid. The whole point is see who can press up fastest and the most times.
-Make the BAP more like MLB The Show, where you actually have to do something to improve.
-Make it where you don't have to wear fake/ugly equipment to take advatage of the boost slots in the EASHL. I don't care if you want to keep the boost packs that ugly gold color, so everyone knows who wasted money on those. But don't make it where a real Vaughn goalie equipment has 0 boost slots but a fake ugly looking goalie equpiment has 3. You should be able to compete wearing real equipment, just like in Tiger Woods.
-But most importantly, make a game that works. That doesn't freeze when loading BAP, saving BAP, main menu for no reason or after EASHL game's when going back to the home screen.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

In NHL 11, I would love to see:

- Winter Classic Mode, and the Heritage Classic to be included at commonwealth (Oilers/Habs)
- Drive the Zamboni
- Better Create a Team Feature
- Using and coulour customizing NHL teams jerseys
- Custom Arenas
- Custom Jerseys in EASHL
- At least two refs that do more than just stand there during scrums and stuff
- Brocken Glass/Sticks
- In BAP, being able to request trades and negotiate contract offers
- A longer pre-game video maybe starting outside the rink and showing all the fans getting to their seats (Some of the fans with your jersey in BAP if you are doing well) then cut to shots in the dressing rooms, and THEN they come onto the ice.
- Include things like the OIL derick coming down in Edmonton and the shark in SJ that used to be in the games.
- And, I agree with:
- the less ugly boost equipement
- Warm ups
- And maybe an even longer Stanley Cup celebration video, because after an 82 game season and going through all the playoff games and seeing your team celebrate it for two minutes...It's alright but it should go through what it does but then show some interviews and a bunch of people swarming onto the ice, then maybe cut to a few shots in the dressing room after. It would even be cool to see the team taking the Cup in a parade around the city or something during the summer for something extra instead of just simming until the next season starts....

And after all that.....it MIGHT be worth 70 bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

1. Have a "Scoring leaders board". By team, division, conference and league. As it is now, the players are listed alphabetically.

2. As mentioned above...the ability to carryover "BAP" and "BAGM", into the next years game.

3. A 41/82 option for regular season length.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

HAVE AN EASHL LEAGUE WITH NO BOOSTS!

I don't care if the boosts are there but put them in the "****** league" leave the pro league to those of us who play the game.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #8
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Priority 1 for me would be the skating engine. If I remember, one of the earlier games actually had better skating (08 maybe?).

The skating isn't terrible, but I think they've hit most other aspects of gameplay previously.

To take other's points about the EASHL further:

Make a ****** league with no boosts and NO RANKS. A ****** league with the same titles and ranks is just going to have the glitchers who aren't as good. If there is a leaderboard, people will do whatever it takes to get there. The 360 players who jump on Halo multiplayer can relate. People will create a low level character on purpose just to get a "win" against newbies.

****** EASHL:
-No boosts, realistic equipment
-No rankings, just keep track of team's record and personal stats

Last edited by kerosene31; 09-23-2009 at 09:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »