Home

The way to play franchise mode

This is a discussion on The way to play franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
The way to play franchise mode

I'm in heaven right now with this game. An off line franchise controlling all the teams is the way to go. Everygame Ive made different and exciting.

There are two ways to do it. Control all teams but just focus on one team, and let CPU handle the rest while you can look over other teams. Or just control all the teams and play random games. I prefer the second. But this next step, is what makes this game gold.

Coaching Schemes. I've made every team different. One team may pass the ball 90 percent of the time while the other runs it. One team blitzes almost every play being aggressive, while another may not at all. One team focuses on run d and stacks the box while the other almost ignores the run. One team is aggressive on offense, the other isn't at all.

Every week is different. A different matchup, a different gameplan. I'm playing the Panthers who like to run a whopping 90 percent of the time. I stack the box and force Jamarcus Russell to beat me (yep he's on the panthers in my chise). The next game I got the Saints who air it out almost every play. I blitz him a lot and ignore the run. It's almost like I can scout the teams. I know the Ravens are gonna blitz me all day so I run quick routes.

Make the differences in teams larger. Who cares if the team doesn't actually play that way. It stops games from getting boring and similiar. I really reccomend trying this. It has made me want to play this game non stop. It does help that I've created an amazingly realistic sliders for me making games competitive. Tell me whatcha guys think.

POST PATCH 2 EDIT:

I, personally, will now try and make offline franchise enjoyable for you once again after many are angry with the rushing yard results. I do not have the patch yet but have ideas.

1. Controlling all teams is essential

This really isn't hard to do, and you need to do it for Coaching Scheme Sliders. All you have to do is go to franchise options and for every team you are not, change them to have the CPU controlling them. THIS will allow the CPU to be able to do well with the CAP. Sure, trades won't be done by the CPU but you can still do them yourselves. I trade all those diva wide receivers. Trade big name players coming off big ACL injuries. I trade old vets from bad teams to contenders. For the draft, you can sim everyone's picks except yours. I personally do not do this, for I know all the gems because of the threads on OS. So I like to sim it and allow the CPU to choose for me. I always find it cool, if they pick up a gem or a big bust.

2. Sim stats

First off, you must change every team's RUN-PASS ratio to 60. This has been getting decent results. Then have the 2nd RB get more carries, even with a player like MJD. I have an idea about sacks. For the priority sliders, go to defensive ends and I believe you can make them run oriented (not sure though), or atleast something other than pass rush. This will allow you J. Allen to get less sacks (I believe).

Before you go into a game though, you must change the coaching scheme sliders of your opponent. That way teams don't throw the ball 60% of the time. Change this, then after the game, change it back.

Once the patch is released and I do some tests, I will release simulated Coaching Scheme Sliders, and some playing Coaching Scheme Sliders

3. Keep it fresh

I see a lot of stories of people getting bored in their chises or easily winning a Super Bowl in their first 3 years. The great thing of controlling 32 teams is player movement. Make teams stacked, or have them try new things! Although I hate the Pats in real life, I always stack them in Madden. They have Darren Sproles, MB III, Julius Peppers, and Asomugha. Very hard to beat, so now I can't easily win the Super Bowl. I also trade many players and move them around. After 2 seasons, Tony Romo wasn't cutting it for the Cowboys. I made a blockbuster deal trading Romo to the Jaguars, for Garrard and a 1st rounder. Then with that 1st rounder I traded for Calvin Johnson because in my chise he was sick of being on the losing Lions and demanded a trade (I made that up and it made my chise fresh).

Create storylines, and label some people as the next "Matt Cassel". Matt Guttierez in my chise did excellent while playing for Aaron Rodgers. Well guess who Cleveland wanted to try out next season? Guttierez! He sucked, but it still was cool to see how he played.

If you are unsure of a trade, maybe we should make a 'Sim Trades' thread, where we can discuss if trades we made in our franchises are sim.

4. Frequently check stats from around the league and play other games

Right now I am the Bills in my chise, and I play all their 16 games. But I frequently see whos dominating around the league, and whos struggling. I check to see if there is a big matchup around the league. I always like to watch the Extra Point, and the first game preview they mention other than yours, is usually the game of the week. I like to play that game sometimes to check out the league. Now when you play them you know all the storylines in the game, and it is pretty cool.

5. Free Agency sucks, make it better!

Before you continue into the off season, release some of the better players that have no years left on their contract. This will result in no CAP penalties, and you can get some studs like Julius Peppers in FA.

Last edited by RayAllen20; 12-06-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The way to play franchise mode

I have been thinking about trying this. I just hate the fact that i must go through all of that to enjoy a chise. What is your record for the games u have played? And how are the season stats........
Old 09-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
MVP

In my first two games I lost close ones. I lost opening night 30-27 as the Texans against the Titans. I threw 3 picks and 3 Tds and threw a lot because slaton was out. Young was tennessees qb and lendale was gone so I had their scheme be to run the ball with Jojnson all game. He killed me with 31 carries 168 yards. In the second game I was the Bucs losing to the Panthers 34-31. DeAngelo murdered me with 130 yards rushing of 26 carries while Stewart also had 50 yards and a td. Jamarcus Russell was suprisingly good and Freeman picked apart the Panthers but threw his only pick in the game-tying drive in the red zone with 30 seconds left. I had very good stats and they were fun games. It wasn't that much work to make and it was well worth it.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

do you do the sliders for the teams every week? Or do you have them already set before the season started>?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
MVP

Another thing I did is not look at overall ratings. I make my judgements of stats. In my franchise LT might be a 94 but his stats don't show that. So for the Chargers I said bye bye to LT and made Sproles the main man. I couldn't tell you who progressed or regressed because all I care about is state because irl there aren't any overall ratings just stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sounds like a good thing u got goin. Imma do it. And the more i think about playing with a different team each week, the more i like it. Im glad u made this thread. b easy
Old 09-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #7
MVP

I make the game sliders before the year and adjust them if I see something is bothering me. I also made the coaching scheme elders before the year. Now if someone gets injured or it's just not working I change it. In the off season I change it due to new addittions, loses, and new coaches. You guys should really try this. It's awesome.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

RayAllen20 i'm curious to see what sliders and what level u play on, because i am usin g2thacores sliders on all madden and i am killin teams. Thanks

and sounds like your franchise mode is on point i'm goin to try this out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »