Home

How to disguise coverage

This is a discussion on How to disguise coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How to disguise coverage

Hey just wondering if anyone knows how to disguise their coverages? Like for a zone defense, if the O comes out in a Twins formation I can't disguise it to look like man coverage. Is there something I'm missing or is this just not possible in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: How to disguise coverage

I only know PS3 buttons so...

Triangle and "man align" for man-to-man, I don't know how to make it look like zome though.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

yeah man align works sometimes, or pick man zone coverages, they will line up in man but play zone. also try using show blitz and manually hot routing coverage.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ovr
Hey just wondering if anyone knows how to disguise their coverages? Like for a zone defense, if the O comes out in a Twins formation I can't disguise it to look like man coverage. Is there something I'm missing or is this just not possible in the game?
There's no way to disguise your coverage. If you come out with twin WR against a man defense both CB's will go to cover both WR's regardless of what else you do. There is no man lock on/off on here or next gen Madden either for that matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

Show blitz or back off corners in press coverage. For 360 use Y then an option with right or left stick. I dont know if it will disguise it or not though.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2188
Show blitz or back off corners in press coverage. For 360 use Y then an option with right or left stick. I dont know if it will disguise it or not though.
Obviously disguising coverage is mostly for the pass game, so I have set all my defensive audibles to two pass coverage plays out of the 4-2-5 (my base defense) Dime and nickle. One of those plays is man, the other zone. Then I just try to time it and audible right before they hike the ball. I usually wait till a little while into the game, because you can tell when someone is looking to figuring out what coverage you're running. More often than not I start in man and audible to zone just before he hikes. If I don't get the audible in time, then im still in decent man coverage, but if I do, they're already thinking man and looking for the slant and all of a sudden they see zone and don't know what the heck to do. I don't do this every time, but when the time feels right and I do it, I often get a coverage sack or int. Also just audibling and hitting left or right for those zones works too.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

this is where the coverage shells from All pro football would come in handy. Sad part is in All pro you can shade your corners either inside or outside to take away certain routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »