Home

Old 09-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Cowboys

Hi Im going to start a new career with the cowboys, does anyone have any advice on how to transform this team from the start?

Do you guys tags any players first up i.e hamlin/adams?
Who do you look to trade or release out the door straight away?
Where would you say the main weakness is on this team?
Who is a good fit in FA or draft?
As anyone had any luck playing Craig Steltz (SS) from the draft at FS?

Sorry for the many questions but any help would be great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcop
Hi Im going to start a new career with the cowboys, does anyone have any advice on how to transform this team from the start?

Do you guys tags any players first up i.e hamlin/adams?
Who do you look to trade or release out the door straight away?
Where would you say the main weakness is on this team?
Who is a good fit in FA or draft?
As anyone had any luck playing Craig Steltz (SS) from the draft at FS?

Sorry for the many questions but any help would be great
1. No, Tagging is always a bad idea. You can sign Hamlin in FA for cheap, and Adams sucks to try to get on the field.

2. Just not really anyone.

3. Try to just get the best players in the draft positions you are at. They might need a little work in the secondary, but if you get the top two SS in the FA market, they make good CBs.

4. Calais Campbell is a beast with no downsides. Id keep him in the 3-4 DE, or maybe try to develop him into a 4-3 Lineman and a 3-4 End and run 4 lineman on 3rd and Long as to keep him out of coverage. Other than that, Steltz, Mario Manningham, Donnie Avery are all good choices.

5. I don't know. Maybe make Roy Williams a 2 down safety. But I think he'd be ok at FS.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

C Steltz has always been amazing for me...
Old 09-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
Rookie

But have you tried him at FS i know he is a good replacement for Roy Williams at SS.

Who do you look to replace F Adams at LT I aint sure either Martens or Free can do that job?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcop
But have you tried him at FS i know he is a good replacement for Roy Williams at SS.

Who do you look to replace F Adams at LT I aint sure either Martens or Free can do that job?
First year I'll look to trade for Joe Staley at LT. You can usually get him for a combination of picks; I can usually land him for a 4th round pick in 2008 and 2009. He starts out with a 85 overall, but has the potential to be 93 and is a quick learner. Contract is about 1.1 million over 4 years time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

It depends on your own personal coaching style. I like coverage safeties and LB's, so one of the first things I did was trade away SS Roy Williams. Zack Thomas is good but he is also old, so I traded him for draft picks. Also LOLB Anthony Spencer never developed, but Bobby Carpenter plays well.

On offense, WR Roy Williams didn't do squat...TO was the star of the receivers. I traded away WR Williams after one season and only like 200 yards receiving. Other than that, the team is pretty solid to start with.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Yeah I like my safeties to be able to play zone and man coverage but will good hit power for some run support. Roy Williams i've found in this game aint as bad in coverage as he really is inthe NFL had good success with him.

Have any of you tried to progress D Free and J Martens at Tackle?

Im a little unsure how to build the OL, do I need big strong players in the C & G and players with a little for pace in the tackle positions or all the same?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Those guys didn't develop much...I think Free got into the lower 80's but thats about it. You can get the top Guard in most drafts in the second round and sometime the top Center will go in the third, depending on how badly other teams want their players. With good drafting and crafty trading, you should be able to build a top 5 O-line in about 2 drafts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »