Home

2k series I love it, Why do you?

This is a discussion on 2k series I love it, Why do you? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
2k series I love it, Why do you?

I love 2k and I love where Nba Live is going but I am not bashing 2k but I am the players..2k9 is a great game, but why do people love it? To me its weird, people swear by it how its the most realistic game but when I get online 7 out of 10 people cheese (full court press whole game. lunging steals every 2 seconds, try to Dunk every time, Iso in paint all day, ETC) So My question is, do people love it because the cheese factor or the semi realistic gameplay. Maybe its both IDK, I just know that if Madden allowed you to throw the deep ball and catch every other time, people would have a fit...I just think some people like it for the wrong reason..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: 2k series I love it, Why do you?

Hmmm... to be honest I like it because in my mind it is the best basketball game out there and has been for the past five years. Not only has it been the best game out there it is the fact that 2K's gameplay is great, the little things make this game unique and the overall experience is as close to the NBA as it can get.

Now, how can you just judge this game based on online competition? I simply cannot understand it. If you go online to the general lobbies of course you are going to find 12 year olds trying to go with an undefeated record and just caring about winning. I recommend you join a online league, a established one, and you will see wayyy better results.

Me personally I like offline basketball, call me crazy if you want but every year I run my 82 game association and play in some leagues here and there, but offline there is not a better game than 2K and as I said before there has not been one for quite a while now.

That is why I love 2K.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

You seem to have already made up your mind 10 years ago that you were buying Live 10. Question for you? Why are you even in this forum? Bored with Live info already? If you get online with Live, 9 out of 10 people are cheesing. Online players don't represent if the game is good or not. Just like in real life, people do what will yield results. If you are getting pressed all game long, figure out how to break it without turning the ball over. That's why it's a game. You are the deciding factor. You probably get pressed all game because you keep turning the rock over every single time. I would do the same. In real life if a player is hot, their team keeps feeding them the ball. Why...... cause it's working for the time being. You gotta step your awareness and decision-making up if you want that to go away.

As far as why I like NBA 2k.....lemme tell ya. First of all, I bought Live since I don't know when. Then when Live 08 came out, I grew weary of it within the first two months. My homeboy told me to get on 2k8 with him........I was like naw I'm coo. Then I was like why not......Not playing Live anymore anyway. Got 2k8 and it was the best basketball game that I had ever played. Next year, I mess up and do the same stupid freekin thang. Buy Live 09 and I hate it within a month. I mean, I'm not even making it to the All-Star Break. That's sad. Buy 2k9 and then I said now this is what basketball is......So I tell myself don't go try to get that dope again.....You already know that once you hit it, you will regret it. I'm all clean with 2k. For specifics, there is a real celebration when you when the championship, 2k is more defensive minded (even the cpu players help out)...on Live it's all about can you get to the hoop. No defense whatsoever, Realistic blocks and not silly animations like Big Zeke getting called for a foul going for a block which he should easily get because Chris Paul tries to attempt a monster dunk (not realistic). On Live, even players that don't normally attempt dunks do so when somebody comes to block their shot and the cpu has already decided that it will be a foul, the atmosphere is wonderful on 2k compared to the dull crowd in Live, you have to come with your "A" game if you want to win games in your dynasty because the cpu means bis. On Live, I can get up by 20, leave the game unattended to get something to eat with the wifey, take a shower, pause some more, think about it, and then jump back in the game....the cpu is now up by 40 with 30 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. I put my superman cape on and then come back to win the game by 10, 2k looks much better....I have to say this (Why is Bron light-skinned in that Live 10 demo).....Okay back to this....Dynasty keeps me interested on 2k. There are news articles that update based on performance, etc. I don;t want to keep going....Next

Last edited by cjamestx; 09-17-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15dunker15
Hmmm... to be honest I like it because in my mind it is the best basketball game out there and has been for the past five years. Not only has it been the best game out there it is the fact that 2K's gameplay is great, the little things make this game unique and the overall experience is as close to the NBA as it can get.

Now, how can you just judge this game based on online competition? I simply cannot understand it. If you go online to the general lobbies of course you are going to find 12 year olds trying to go with an undefeated record and just caring about winning. I recommend you join a online league, a established one, and you will see wayyy better results.

Me personally I like offline basketball, call me crazy if you want but every year I run my 82 game association and play in some leagues here and there, but offline there is not a better game than 2K and as I said before there has not been one for quite a while now.

That is why I love 2K.
Dude I do play in leagues, no problem there, but what I'm saying is when I get on to play offline or online I want close to the same experience each time and Not have to quit because someone is using Lebron all over the court or they quit because Im playing sim ball and they mad because they cant dunk all game, I want to play a game that is like what u see on TV.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Any game online is going to have cheesers. Madden, Live, 2k5, NBA 2k10... they all have cheesers.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjamestx
You seem to have already made up your mind 10 years ago that you were buying Live 10. Question for you? Why are you even in this forum? Bored with Live info already?
What! Rookie! This has nothing to do with Live I said I love both games..Im asking why do you love the game....Man you bout 2 get me a infraction....

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

i love it because theres a learning curved to cheesing! like how in 2k9 when u wanna attack and score with lebron at will, you want to not hold and touch the tubo at all and just press L2 and press square without Turbo and u will do ur regular layup without getting contact whereas with the turbo u will get predetermined in air collision...
Old 09-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

10 reasons why I love the NBA 2K series:

1. Great graphics.
2. Great animations.
3. Great attention to details.
4. So deep!
5. Sim-oriented.
6. Innovative every year.