Home

CPU throwing the deep ball

This is a discussion on CPU throwing the deep ball within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2009, 06:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
CPU throwing the deep ball

I was thinking I never see the cpu throw deep on me, so I played a half(bucs vs cards(CPU)) and used all cover 1 shells, controlled the safety with deep responsibilities and just played the crossing routes. There was not one fade, go, or even a corner route. I have human and cpu accuracy sliders in the "10" range. Is this effecting the cpu decision making?
Does anyone have the cpu throw deep on them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: CPU throwing the deep ball

no bro, the only the cpu will try alot of deep passes and i mean about 3 agame is if their QB has a higher deep ball accuracy than his other two pass acc ratings... see Mcnabb or eli

its stupid and frustrating watching the cpu pass to the slot guys for 20 yds but fitz will rarely get that type of pass, if he gets a 20 yd play it was a 7 yd catch with 13 as yac yardage....

i have tried everything to fix this i edited all QB's deep ball and mid range higher BUT nothing works consistentely

the problem IMO is the cpu is programmed to hit the first open guy on all passing plays, the cpu hAS NO main target like moss or Johnson so they dont try to use their guys right....

the other problem is the slot and TE get open faster ALWAYS so the QB just hits them...

play ncaa and watch the QB in that game they pass it deep alot to their primary guys, that made me think madden had nailed this but NOT in madden.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

In my franchise, game 12, the CPU has never once thrown a deep pass on me. They have broken long passes, but when they break tackles - long gain on a short pass.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 16

Anyone who does not have the cpu qb accuracy atleast at 51 or higher will not see the cpu throw deep much at all and if they do is not ever going to be completed

There is no robo qb so I do not know why I see some people using cpu qb accuracy lower then 50.

You are making the cpu ******** at passing and useless.

Play on Hardcore which is the only way to get a challenge from the cpu

Play with cpu qb accuracy at 51-52

Put human pass recognition at 0

and you will see the cpu throw deep more often then not and have a good chance to complete it.

plus you will cut down on the cpu thrown picks.

If you do not follow those steps then you will pick them off at least once a game

They will not throw deep and the rare times they do is pointless because it will not be completed with low qb accuracy
Old 09-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

I have seen plenty of deep balls from different teams, it all depends on who you are playing I guess. How many deep balls do you guys expect to see a game? Deep balls are not as common as you think.

The CPU from what I have noticed takes what you give it.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

Last edited by BIG CAROLINA; 09-17-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

the cpu throws deep on me constantly in my franchise, most recently with charlie batch. u guys should try using the show blitz coverage audible. they hang on to the ball longer and throw it deep
Old 09-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2Green
I was thinking I never see the cpu throw deep on me, so I played a half(bucs vs cards(CPU)) and used all cover 1 shells, controlled the safety with deep responsibilities and just played the crossing routes. There was not one fade, go, or even a corner route. I have human and cpu accuracy sliders in the "10" range. Is this effecting the cpu decision making?
Does anyone have the cpu throw deep on them?
oh it happens, and it happens quite a bit ..one reason why this game is a blast to play. not sure why YOU are not seeing them..its there, oh its definitely there
Old 09-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

While I don't see bombs very often (40+ yard passes), I see a fair number of passes in the 25-35 yard range. I played against the Steelers and Roethlisberger hit Hines Ward on a 25-yard and 35-yard pass, and also heaved a really long pass to Willie Parker that Parker dropped.

It does seem to matter if the under routes get open. If the slots, TE, or RBs are covered and the outside receivers go deep, the CPU will throw it downfield. It's not exactly like the NFL but definitely not a gamekiller for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »