Home

PS2 roster that Mimicks the PS3 rosters..

This is a discussion on PS2 roster that Mimicks the PS3 rosters.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
PS2 roster that Mimicks the PS3 rosters..::WEEK4 part 2 Update now available.::::

Hello PS2 madden players. My name is Mitch.
My roster has been modified to match the rosters of the PS3. This includes attribues, heights, numbers, and any transaction. The roster is very accurate when it comes to what players are on what teams..
Depth Charts are accurate , IR players are removed .I done all changes by useing 2 TV's , my PS2 and my PS3 sitting side by side reviewing every single attribute and changing the entire PS2 attributes to match the PS3.

Last year when i got my PS3 i noticed a huge difference in the ratings between the PS2 and the PS3 it was so many huge differences i went ahead and tried it for the first time. The PS2 has inflated ratings on every team , Its a Family and Friends game with those ratings not a gamers game.

I FOUND

On the PS2 default roster there are 280 (exactly) defensive players rated 80-99 ovr..

On the PS3 default roster there are 183 (exactly) defensive players rated 80-99 ovr..

Aslo on the PS2 default roster there are 147 (exactly) defensive players whos awareness rating is 80-99..

On the PS3 default roster there are only 88 (exactly) defensive players whos awareness rating is 80-99..

On the PS2 default roster there are 320 (exactly) offensive players rated 80-99 ovr..

On the PS3 default roster there are only 209 (exactly) offensive players rated 80-99..

On the PS2's current update there are 26 99 overall rated players

On the PS3 there are only 9 ... 99 overall rated players

The diffrense is throughout the PS2 compared to PS3.

The PS2's Ratings are intended for family and fun and so that every team has a chance. Not for gamers and realistically seeking franchisers.

The PS3 does however provide this, i wanted to give you guys a piece of what to expect when you upgrade to the PS3 .

This is why i chose to change every single players attributes on the PS2 to the same as they are on the PS3.

my tag is gotmodenu

This roster is current with the latest PS3 update as well , including ratings i have adjusted on my own , which i post for debate.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
THE RATINGS SYSTEM ON THE PS2 , MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE SIM ENGINE TO RECOGNIZE PLAYER WEAKNESSES AND MISMATCHES IN PLAYER MATCHUPS. GARBAGE PLAYERS ARE RATED WAY TO HIGH , BACK UPS ARE IN THE 80'S , UNPROVEN ROOKIES ARE IN THE MID 80'S ITS A MESS ON PS2. THE ENGINE ISNT BROKE, ITS THE PLAYER RATINGS THAT ARE MAKING THE GAME PLAY UNREALISTIC. !!!!!!!! THE SUBSTITUTION ENGINE IN SIMULATION GAMES IS BROKEN THATS WHY RUNNING BACKS ARE GETTING 2000 YARDS.

I HAVE COMPLETED A TEST USEING MY ROSTER VS EA'S LATEST UPDATED ROSTER

I placed these players as starters on the steelers defense

re richard seymore , le darnell dockett , dt kris jenkins , lolb harrison , rolb demarcus ware , mlb james farrior , mlb ray lewis , cb asomougha , cb bailey . fs reed , ss polamlu .

without injuries on i simmed 8 seperate seasons these are the results i got from the first year of each season

with the ea roster
1st time 13-3 2nd defense
2nd time 12-4 3rd defense
3rd time 14-2 3rd defense
4th time 12-4 4th defense
5th time 11-5 5th defense
6th time 13-3 4th in defense
7th time 11-5 3rd in defense
8th time 12-4 5th in defense

with the ea roster this averaged out to

12.25 wins - 3.75 loses and a 3.625 avg. ranking on Defense. per season

The win loss doesnt disturb me its the average rank of the defense thats inaccurate.

Now with my roster
1st time 15-1 1st defense
2nd time 14-2 1st defense
3rd time 15-1 1st defense
4th time 16-0 1st defense
5th time 15-1 1st defense
6th time 16-0 1st in defense
7th time 13-3 1st in defense
8th time 16-0 1st in defense

with my roster this averages out to

15 wins - 1 loss and a 1st ranked defense in each season !!!.

OFFENSIVE TEST

I put all these players as starters on the Ravens.

QB Peyton Manning - Rb Adrian Peterson - Fb Mughelli - Wr Andre Johnson - Wr Larry Litzgerald - TE Tony Gonzalaz
LT Michael Roos - LG Steve Hutchinson - C Andre Gurode - RG Chris Snee - RT Jordan Gross

Again i started at year 1 and simmed 8 seasons starting at year number 1.

Results useing the PS2 roster provided by EA
1st time 11-5 8th in offense
2nd time 12-4 6th in offense
3rd time 12-4 5th in offense
4th time 13-3 5th in offense
5th time 10-6 10th in offense
6th time 11-5 8th in offense
7th time 12-4 3rd in offense
8th time 11-5 5th in offense

The averages useing Ea's roster

11.5 wins - 4.5 losses and a 6.25 avg ranking on Offense HAHAHA

Results useing my Roster.
1st time 15-1 2nd in offense
2nd time 16-0 1st in offense.
3rd time 15-1 1st in offense
4th time 15-1 3rd in offense
5th time 16-0 1st in offense
6th time 15-1 1st in offense
7th time 16-0 1st in offense
8th time 15-1 1st in offense

Averages useing my roster are

15.375 wins - ...625 losses. Less than 1 loss per season ! and a 1.375 avg. rank on Offense !!!!!!!

im astonished by how much effect the ratings have on simulation between my roster and ea's roster

IF YOUR NOT PLAYING WITH PS3 RATINGS ON THE PS2 YOU OBVIOUSLY SHOULD START TODAY BY ADDING ME ONLINE PS2 TAG gotmodenu

Last edited by tttyyy; 10-01-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: PS2 roster that Mimicks the PS3 rosters..

Wow, awesome job, do you notice any difference in gameplay. One thing that pisses me off about the ps2 version is how speed dominates. I play against the eagles online and it's so hard to stop there WRs because they have such high speed, you send them on streaks and time after time these clueless speedster rookies blow past cornerbacks with a little less speed but high awareness.

Last edited by maddenps2; 09-16-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
Banned

this roster is only avalible for offline use , i dont think you can use it online........

im up****** transactions , postion changes , attribute increases and IR players

information on the updates are listed on my twitter page http://twitter.com/GotMoDenU
& avalible daily in my ea locker under the tag ( gotmodenu )

anytime you feel like up****** again just download the lastest update i posted in my locker. it will be named the calender date in which i uploaded it...

send a add and enjoy..........
Old 09-17-2009, 02:44 AM   #4
Banned

About the eagles your right . Thats the PS2`s biggest flaw.....
Old 09-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
MVP

I play these guys online and I know whats going happen 90% of the time. They put vick and westbrook in the wildcat and/or scramble with mcnabb or vick and pass to westbrook in the flats and send the wr's on streaks. I have some of the two best cover cornerbacks in the nfl with the packers and i get burned time after time even with having the safetys playing over the middle to stop the streaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
MVP

Ok i made a friend request
Old 09-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Mitch,

Thanks for your efforts, my friend. If it's not a problem, could you please be so kind to accept my friend request, as well? I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Mike
Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Can somebody post these in .max?

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »