Home

Franchise Realism Fans, your help needed

This is a discussion on Franchise Realism Fans, your help needed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Franchise Realism Fans, your help needed

So I simmed the 09 season for my Eagles 'chise. I like to sim the first year, go through the off-season and start playing with my 'new/custom' roster.

So the Eagles go 8-8...WAY below expectations. So I figure in real life if that happens it might be time for some big changes. I hire an all new coaching staff and then draft
Spoiler
, a stud QB with A potential with my 12th pick in the 1st round. McNabb is regressing and in the last year of his contract so I figured I better pounce on a stud QB when I had the chance.

I also am going to commit more carries to McCoy and plan on getting a trucking back after this season to share carries, letting Westbrook go (also in the last season of his contract).

Here's where I am torn. Being in the last years of their contracts and with a new coaching staff that wants to develop and rebuild with "their guys" do you think McNabb and /or Westbrook would be likely to demand trades? They are NOT getting extensions from me.

I know McNabb in particular would likely want to bounce, he wouldn't want to endure a season with
Spoiler
and first round pick sitting right behind him. Agreed?

I was thinking if I do trade McNabb that Minn or Denver might be good spots for a 3rd rounder. Maybe a 2nd for Westbrook?

Thoughts, opinions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Franchise Realism Fans, your help needed

I'm amazed you managed to stay under the salary cap.
The real life outcome of such players being so far down the depth chart would likely be that they were cut to create cap room.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Somewhat off topic, the QB in question is a Head Coach carry over. Sweet.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieh
I'm amazed you managed to stay under the salary cap.
The real life outcome of such players being so far down the depth chart would likely be that they were cut to create cap room.

That's why I can't/won't re-sign Westbrook/McNabb. I am barely under the cap and my rookie QB is making 4 1/2 mill a year, don't need 2 QB's making big bank.

McNabb and Westbrook are both 90 OVR and I think each would fetch a 3rd rounder (the AI would let me trade them for 1sts but I can't live that way!).
Old 09-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
Somewhat off topic, the QB in question is a Head Coach carry over. Sweet.
Yeah he is.

He's my favorite of that QB class because he can be signed a little cheaper and is real young. I had (I control the 1st round for all 32 teams in my chise and then sim all picks but my primary team)
Spoiler
picked 1st by the Raiders and
Spoiler
went to the Rams at 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would trade McNabb for a 2nd round pick. Look at the older players who have netted 2nd round picks in the past 2 years: Brett Favre, Tony Gonzales, Jason Taylor. I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

If it weren't for McNabb's history of injuries, he'd easily be worth more than a third; even so I think getting a second for him (say, from the Vikings if Favre retired, or the Raiders) is defensible.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
That's why I can't/won't re-sign Westbrook/McNabb. I am barely under the cap and my rookie QB is making 4 1/2 mill a year, don't need 2 QB's making big bank.

McNabb and Westbrook are both 90 OVR and I think each would fetch a 3rd rounder (the AI would let me trade them for 1sts but I can't live that way!).
Don't feel guilty about trading away McNabb for a 1st round pick at all. McNabb is one of the top QB in the NFL today and the face of the Eagles' franchise, a lot of teams would trade their 1st round pick in a heartbeat for a QB like that IRL. Westbrook also, he may not fetch a 1st round pick, but a 2nd or 3rd is almost guaranteed. He's one of the most versatile backs in the game. Rarely do you ever get a dual threat player who can carry the load on the ground and give you just as much production in the passing/return game. Have no shame at all, trade away..

Last edited by bigbeast252; 09-15-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »