Home

nhl10 vs nhl2k10

This is a discussion on nhl10 vs nhl2k10 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
nhl10 vs nhl2k10

which game is best for novices
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: nhl10 vs nhl2k10

I would say EA's game is more user-friendly if that's what you mean. The controls are pretty much perfect and allow you to pick it up and play right away.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

I second that. I prefer 2KSports in general, but it's not a polished game at all. As for the controls, EA's just flows (although I'm not sure if there's a puck drop option).
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
I second that. I prefer 2KSports in general, but it's not a polished game at all. As for the controls, EA's just flows (although I'm not sure if there's a puck drop option).
it seems like you the only one saying 2K is not polished, I read it's pretty close.

My wife just went ot pickup 2k for me, as I bought 10 this morning.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

I just feel the controls are 1. set up incorrectly, 2. Not responsive.

Like I said, I hope that sliders fix the game.

I'm from Toronto area, have season tickets to the Leafs, Marlies and Hamilton Bulldogs. I'm a huge hockey fan and know what hockey should look like and 2K's game isn't it, yet. The AI plays great, actually, but user playability is a joke IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

I'm from Toronto area, have season tickets to the Leafs, Marlies and Hamilton Bulldogs. I'm a huge hockey fan and know what hockey should look like and 2K's game isn't it, yet. The AI plays great, actually, but user playability is a joke IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygifL...eature=related

Look at the way shots are taken, how players stop, how passes are made and the movement that follows. Listen to the commentators and the game sounds.

It's crap!
Old 09-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Sneaking in here, as I'm a huge hockey fan. I play the game, and I follow it pretty closely. Last year, with NHL 09, two of my major gripes were how the CPU handled the puck. Laser beam tape to tape passes and the inability to aggressively get the puck when it was loose. From what I've read, passing has been tuned.

When I watch 2k10 footage, I like how the CPU handles the puck. Each player handles the puck, I'm not seeing much in terms of 50MPH one time back-hand passes (something EA can't figure out). I'm also impressed with the general flow of the game. It feels very organic. NHL 09's cpu was very robotic. The passing, cycling, etc, everything felt cold, precise, and robotic. On top of that, I'd watch the CPU cycle for a full minute before even considering a shot on goal.

I also disagree with you, Peji911, regarding how players skate. IMO, the players look fluid, with weight, and need time to adjust. Now of course, I can only base this on videos, and you have the game. So I will give you that.

That all said, I've always known EA to have better controls, but I found myself frustrated, last year, by the amount of penalties called from stick-checking. I understood the high sticking when trying to stick-check from a distance, but it seemed like the game encouraged flat-out checking over any kind of stick work (and I mean EA's arcade-like body-flipping checks).

I like what I see in terms of 2K's game flow and organic feel, but I'm put-off by the talk of controls. I also fell in love with Be A Pro. In NHL 09, I played that mode almost exclusively. As I play hockey, Be A Pro felt pretty good overall (all things considered). I would dearly miss this mode. With that in mind, though, I need to try the demo first (I slacked off and didn't DL it yet). 2K blew it with a lack of a demo, this year.

Lastly, I HATE speed burst. HATE IT. When I read 2K had speed burst, that was the end for me. NHL 09 was the best hockey game I had ever played (outside of NHL94 ), so I have to trust NHL10 over 2K10 (especially since 2K still hasn't done away with speed burst). NHL10 has a great learning curve, and was a game even my wife could pick up and play.

Last edited by Broncos86; 09-15-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygifL...eature=related

Look at the way shots are taken, how players stop, how passes are made and the movement that follows. Listen to the commentators and the game sounds.

It's crap!
I will give my head to head in a bit, have been playing 10 for about 2 hrs now and it not blowing me away like when first put it in, to me the area are way over sized.

Also messing around with gm mode right now and DAMN, whats up with all the trades, I just can see this years franchise is going ti stink. 'm a franchise guy.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »