Home

How do you beat cover 2 with Pats PB

This is a discussion on How do you beat cover 2 with Pats PB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How do you beat cover 2 with Pats PB

I'm using the pats PB, what are some plays that can beat the cover 2 play. One of my opponents just press my receiver, and has 2 great safety so when i do get the ball of there S just lays a big hit on them. He does that **** the entire game and i need some plays that will force him to use something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: How do you beat cover 2 with Pats PB

Are you using the pats themselves? If you are you should have no problem lining up in any of the shotgun 5 wide sets. Place Ben Watson at #4 WR and Faulk at #5. 9/10 plays out of the shotgun set in the pats pb will set you up with at least 3 WRs on one side. there are several plays that flood the zones and you just hit the WR that gets open. If you arent using the Pats and you dont have a great QB and route running WRs then I would suggest you not use the pats pb.(Using slants/crossing routes can be useful if you have enough time in the pocket. Just hit the WR as he passes through the zones)
Old 09-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

If your talking about a cover 2 zone, go 4 wide and have the slot wrs run corner routes with the outside wrs running a 3-4 yard hook, that will keep the corners in and there should be a big hole in the zone behind the corners and in front of the safeties by the sidelines. I think the play is called WR smash
Old 09-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks guys and yes i am using the Pats in this league. Welker has a big problem with not being able to beat the press. But ima go into practice mode and use ya tips.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

There should be a hole between the two safeties as well.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Also add the post route between the 2 safeties. Out of a 4 wr set have the outside wr's run streaks.

1 slot guy should be running a short slant over the middle while the other slot wr runs a post route behind the MLB and between the safeties.

The corner routes really kill the cover 2. Run it exactly the way he mentioned it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »