Home

Old 09-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Post Moves??

i just made a new center and ive been struggling with the new post move controls.

Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 12:29 AM   #2
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Post Moves??

Did you check out the "How To Play" section in the game? I've found it to be very useful for a couple of the minor gameplay tweaks they've added this year. The postgame being one of them.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-13-2009, 04:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

im having some trouble playing on the post too.. i made a 6'9 pf, when doing a hookshot, do you release when the animation releases the ball, or is it just all automatic?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

the releases in the post are all automatic you just have to go into scrimmage and just get the ball in the post every time dont even worry about scoring/winning just get a feel for what does what when your using the R stick
Old 09-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockafella2x
the releases in the post are all automatic you just have to go into scrimmage and just get the ball in the post every time dont even worry about scoring/winning just get a feel for what does what when your using the R stick
thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

I finally got used to the up and unders. I have the most succes tapping the X button for a fake, then immediately holing X and LS to the right or left. They seem to have taken out the unstoppable up and unders from last year that anybody could do. We'll see what happens when the full game arrives.

Last edited by TheKasmar; 09-13-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
MVP

I'm loving the post game this year. It's extremely deep and I've yet to get a handle on everything you're able to do, but what little I can pull off looks and feels great. More importantly, it feels balanced. There's a defensive counter to every offensive move and it takes input from the defensive player, it's not canned or predetermined.

I think the best post moves I've seen so far are from the AI chaining a few together against me, I can't do it consistently like they can. This is the first game that I've ever had to go into replay to check out a post move, they're just so well done this year.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
Pro

what makes it so good this year is the shimmy so instead of just a pump fake the shimmy + pump fakes look so good its gonna be tough to guard Al Jefferson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »