Home

Any cure for high scores?

This is a discussion on Any cure for high scores? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Any cure for high scores?

im getting good games but toooo high of scores 34-27,35-38,42-35.ect.....for once id like 13-10,17-14,15-9.....u know what im saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Any cure for high scores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallarich
im getting good games but toooo high of scores 34-27,35-38,42-35.ect.....for once id like 13-10,17-14,15-9.....u know what im saying.
try bill harris slider v3 or football4natic there both good sliders but football4natic sliders are a bit harder
Old 09-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

how long is each quarter. try playing 7 min quarters with the cpu maxed out to 100 and your setting on all pro.

this gives a good game. even if you get out to a quick start the cpu will adapt and the game will be challenging.

i find that it is equvilant to bills sliders except that the cpu ( and yourself) will act like a professional football player. when the sliders are tooo low the players act dumb. with the cpu at 100 you have to be on your game and make the right plays.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Use low quarters or manage the clock right, dont pick plays quick and run them quick, or when it comes to the 4th quarter, get the ball and dont give it back, just run, waste 40 seconds, get like 3-4 first down and that should end the game
Old 09-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

One thing I tried that has worked is in regards to your play calling/play style and stick skills. I had the same problem, used Bill's Sliders and made a number of modifications of my own [I use 15min quarters] and I have had games of 16-13, 17-14, 13-9, etc. Not all of my games, but a number of them end this way.

One of the solutions, is how you, the user, play. In my experiance the computer likes to go tit for tat with you as much as it can. If you drive down and score on your opening drive the computer tries to respond with a score of their own. If you are forced to punt, the computer will often settle for a punt. First drives by the computer are often hard to stop but the suddenly the offense backs off if you in turn were forced to punt in a 3 and out. Suddenly the unstopable force of the computer goes away and sort of waits for you to get your offense going again.

If you find yourself punting over and over again with very few first downs the computer will take advantage and get some points on you and can actually win games. On the flip side if you find your self taking a strong lead off the computer playing poorly, suddenly the computer will out of the blue just turn it on and go on a scoring rampage.

The other thing that helps when I talk about play calling is to not always go for the bit TD pass, not to hold sprint to get 6 against poor pursuit angles, and most importantly, on 3rd and 4 or less, run the ball. A user here by the name of Beardown also said something he does is uses only "Ask Madden" to call the plays pretending that "Ask Madden" is the coach seending plays in and it is our job to run them. This helps in keeping us honest and not cllling "money plays" agaisnt the computer as well. In the case that Ask Madden suggests you call a play you have already, remember that there are like 6 to choose from, pick one you haven't yet.

With my custom QB Accuracy for user/computer set to 22 and WR catching set to 45, I find that on average, both you and the computer complete around 60-65% of your passes as long as you don't call flats and drags all game long.

I hope all of this helps. it has helped me play more realistic games on trhe field agaisnt the computer and that in turn has help result in far more realistic stats. No longer do I see user/computer Safties and corner backs as the tackle leaders because you blow by the front 7 on a run and complete passes virtually negating linebackers and defensive linemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallarich
Play more conservatively? I get a ton of low scoring games against the CPU because I don't blitz 6 guys every play and try and throw the ball 50 yards every play. Run the ball or throw short passes and work the clock. Play a bend but don't break defense. Manage the clock and the game and you will get better results.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Play more conservatively? I get a ton of low scoring games against the CPU because I don't blitz 6 guys every play and try and throw the ball 50 yards every play. Run the ball or throw short passes and work the clock. Play a bend but don't break defense. Manage the clock and the game and you will get better results.
This.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13

My problem isn't offensive scoring, it's defensive scoring. I score WAY too much on defense/special teams. I would say 3/4 of my INT's go for a TD and any of my fumbles that aren't pileups go for a TD. I usually get one per game, sometimes two. What could I do about this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »