Home

Zoom Cam Angle - QB Realism

This is a discussion on Zoom Cam Angle - QB Realism within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Zoom Cam Angle - QB Realism

Good day Ian/EA,

I must say, I am very pleased with Madden 10 and applaud the extreme change in game play and visuals. Great job!!
One feature or aspect I love and think it clears up the visual quality of the game is the Zoom Cam angle. This to me and a lot of my online buddies makes the game very enjoyable visually, graphically and game play wise. For next year do you think it is possible to add an aspect of realism to the Zoom Cam? this would be adding the ability for the QB to pan the field/ turn his head to see routes or even focus on one route runner. Very similar to the old vision cone, but without the cone and the way the camera pulls back to far.

Additionally, this should have no effect on the online defenders cam. so in essence the defenders cam would remain the same as it is today. This would add some serious QB realism by giving the QB the ability to look/pan in any direction during their drop back. Just like the current pan left and right before the snap, the QB would have the same ability after the snap. So if I am Romo, I can drop back and look/read left or right (quickly, don't want to get sacked taking too long to read the D) and make my throw. As stated this would only be seen by the offense (online), the D cam would remain the same. Additionally, this feature would not only be added for the Zoom cam. All Cam angles would benefit, but would be great via the Zoom cam.

On the defensive side of the ball, before the snap, the ability to Pan left and right (like the offense can currently do) would be a nice added feature. This way you can see the WR's and how they a positioned and make the necessary defensive adjustments.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by DONF; 09-11-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Zoom Cam Angle - QB Realism

Does anybody else use the Zoom Cam angle?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

I have been using it lately. WHile it takes a bit to get used to, i am really digging it.

Makes me feel more like i am under center and i have to take a bit more time to read the D and hit the open man.

I am glad i decided to go that route.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

How do you see the whole field?

I tried zoom briefly and loved it for running but struggled passing. To be fair, I didn't try it for long, maybe a quarter or less.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
How do you see the whole field?

I tried zoom briefly and loved it for running but struggled passing. To be fair, I didn't try it for long, maybe a quarter or less.
As far as seeing the whole field, once I drop back I can pretty much see the field. but, just like the normal cam angle if the WR or RB is in the flats it is sought of a six sense (ha!). Some times i may slide a bit to favor the WR i am looking at on fly routes. but after about five yards or less the WR's come into view.

This is one of the reasons why in my original post I propose the pan and scan concept, basically QB vision without the cone. It needs to be reinvented with better results and quality.

The normal cam angle to me is two far from the field (especially when it zooms back) and also the graphics/visual suffer because the clarity of the player models decreases. Closer/zoom in player models are pretty clear and visually pleasing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Good day Ian/EA,

I must say, I am very pleased with Madden 10 and applaud the extreme change in game play and visuals. Great job!!
One feature or aspect I love and think it clears up the visual quality of the game is the Zoom Cam angle. This to me and a lot of my online buddies makes the game very enjoyable visually, graphically and game play wise. For next year do you think it is possible to add an aspect of realism to the Zoom Cam? this would be adding the ability for the QB to pan the field/ turn his head to see routes or even focus on one route runner. Very similar to the old vision cone, but without the cone and the way the camera pulls back to far.

Additionally, this should have no effect on the online defenders cam. so in essence the defenders cam would remain the same as it is today. This would add some serious QB realism by giving the QB the ability to look/pan in any direction during their drop back. Just like the current pan left and right before the snap, the QB would have the same ability after the snap. So if I am Romo, I can drop back and look/read left or right (quickly, don't want to get sacked taking too long to read the D) and make my throw. As stated this would only be seen by the offense (online), the D cam would remain the same. Additionally, this feature would not only be added for the Zoom cam. All Cam angles would benefit, but would be great via the Zoom cam.

On the defensive side of the ball, before the snap, the ability to Pan left and right (like the offense can currently do) would be a nice added feature. This way you can see the WR's and how they a positioned and make the necessary defensive adjustments.

Your thoughts?

Thanks
I use it and love it! and I think your idea is a terrific one!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
Rookie

antnyboy20's Arena

OVR: 5

Great idea. They should add a pan feature and a zoom in feature for offense like you said as well as defense. Especially if you've ever played co-op online, defense is a little wonky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »