Home

Is madden playable for you?

This is a discussion on Is madden playable for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Is madden playable for you?
Yes, I love madden and couldn't ask for more. 89 42.79%
No, Another wasted 60 bucks 41 19.71%
I will still play it but it sometimes frustrates me to the point where i throw controllers 78 37.50%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Is madden playable for you?

I really don't know how much more I can play this game. I love football and I love video games but this is just too frustrating. I get so annoyed when I see horrible pursuit angles. Horrible lineman interaction. Now I know some of these things will be addressed in the future patches but for now the game is just unplayable. I am too frustrated with a game that hasn't improved enough to warrant me shelling out 60 bucks every year. I have dropped about 300 bucks on madden next gen titles and i have regretted each purchase. Am I gonna buy it next year? Probaly but only cause i just have this hope..this dying hope that the game will become what we have been promised since next gen began.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 03:17 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Is madden playable for you?

The only reason I still play is because Im in a 32 player online franchise that has friends in it. Other than that I will play my friends online and I can just barely tolerate that without taking the game out and snapping it in half (or trying to at least) I became a strictly head to head and online player back in like 04/05 and back then I would play online almost everyday for months. Now this game is so atrocious that I have zero desire to play a stranger online and get my blood pressure boiling having to deal with the atrocious programming of this game. I dont know what the consensus is for offline players but as an online player this game is absolutely horrible.

I was a die-hard madden fan in the ps2 days. While I never felt any of them were absolutely perfect and some of them had a few bad glitches, I never felt that they were fundamentally broken. I always had ideas for how the next one could be better but I never found any of the ps2 maddens to not be fun or unplayable. This crap on the 360 is just BAD. Like I would be ashamed to be a developer of this game and have my friends play it. I would be like "Oh nah dog EA had me workin on some other game, I had nothing to do with Madden this year". I would just straight up lie because I would be embarrassed to have my name associated with this crap.

I cant wait until next year so I can help contribute to the declining sales of this whack *** game. This game is a polished turd. Its an average chick with lots of make-up on that doesnt shower or brush her teeth ever. It looks good but other than that it flat out stinks.

Sorry to be so negative but Im very disappointed with how bad this game is. I didnt like 08 or 09 but I wasnt really disappointed but this year im disappointed, frustrated, angry, aggravated and a whole bunch of other negative emotions.

I would play madden online on the ps2 and when I loss it was usually because my opponent was better than me and I would almost always want to run it right back because I felt I could pull it out next time. Now when I lose I usually feel its because this game just sucks. I control defenders and they dont go for interceptions when I tell them to. Man defense sucks, oline blocking is horrible, pursuit angles are horrible, I call zones and defenders wont be in their zone. I never had these issues on the ps2. Sure we had the juke glitch and the quick pass glitch and in 04 you had to be a guru to stop Vick from running all over the place, but these things could be overcome and the fundamentals of those games were solid. Defenders played their zones correctly, Man defense was infinitely better than it is now, the oline blocked competently, you actually wanted to control linebackers and safeties because of how responsive the controls were, the pursuit angle werent god awful (at least from 05-07). If my opponent shut down my running game it was because he played solid defense. I played my friend online last night and I was trying to run out of the singleback big formation against his cover 3 quarters defense and I was still getting stuffed for no gain or a 1-2 yard gain because of the ******** blocking in this game.

I could go on and on but bottom line is this game is just trash and if it werent for the patches coming out I would probably just throw it in the trash because thats where it belongs.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:31 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzfan2000
The only reason I still play is because Im in a 32 player online franchise that has friends in it. Other than that I will play my friends online and I can just barely tolerate that without taking the game out and snapping it in half (or trying to at least) I became a strictly head to head and online player back in like 04/05 and back then I would play online almost everyday for months. Now this game is so atrocious that I have zero desire to play a stranger online and get my blood pressure boiling having to deal with the atrocious programming of this game. I dont know what the consensus is for offline players but as an online player this game is absolutely horrible.

I was a die-hard madden fan in the ps2 days. While I never felt any of them were absolutely perfect and some of them had a few bad glitches, I never felt that they were fundamentally broken. I always had ideas for how the next one could be better but I never found any of the ps2 maddens to not be fun or unplayable. This crap on the 360 is just BAD. Like I would be ashamed to be a developer of this game and have my friends play it. I would be like "Oh nah dog EA had me workin on some other game, I had nothing to do with Madden this year". I would just straight up lie because I would be embarrassed to have my name associated with this crap.

I cant wait until next year so I can help contribute to the declining sales of this whack *** game. This game is a polished turd. Its an average chick with lots of make-up on that doesnt shower or brush her teeth ever. It looks good but other than that it flat out stinks.

Sorry to be so negative but Im very disappointed with how bad this game is. I didnt like 08 or 09 but I wasnt really disappointed but this year im disappointed, frustrated, angry, aggravated and a whole bunch of other negative emotions.

I would play madden online on the ps2 and when I loss it was usually because my opponent was better than me and I would almost always want to run it right back because I felt I could pull it out next time. Now when I lose I usually feel its because this game just sucks. I control defenders and they dont go for interceptions when I tell them to. Man defense sucks, oline blocking is horrible, pursuit angles are horrible, I call zones and defenders wont be in their zone. I never had these issues on the ps2. Sure we had the juke glitch and the quick pass glitch and in 04 you had to be a guru to stop Vick from running all over the place, but these things could be overcome and the fundamentals of those games were solid. Defenders played their zones correctly, Man defense was infinitely better than it is now, the oline blocked competently, you actually wanted to control linebackers and safeties because of how responsive the controls were, the pursuit angle werent god awful (at least from 05-07). If my opponent shut down my running game it was because he played solid defense. I played my friend online last night and I was trying to run out of the singleback big formation against his cover 3 quarters defense and I was still getting stuffed for no gain or a 1-2 yard gain because of the ******** blocking in this game.

I could go on and on but bottom line is this game is just trash and if it werent for the patches coming out I would probably just throw it in the trash because thats where it belongs.
Wow, someone has strong feelings....Sadly, your right about most of them.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzfan2000

I'm starting to wonder if the reason video games are for kids is because they make them for kids. I think its time someone started a video game for adults. This is a kids game. Kids dont know or care about the stuff us adults care about. Adults want realism and kids dont give a crap about it. I think thats the problem. We are playing a game for kids. Someone make a game for grown men and we might have some fun here.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:51 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

Yes, it's playable for me. I only play once a week, so the boredom factor isn't there.

I don't play online, so I avoid the cheesers.

It has glitches, but to me, they're not gamebreakers. I really don't study stats that much. I don't care that a CB isn't on the right side of a receiver. I really don't care that a WR's stance is on the wrong foot. And so on..

The game is fun for this 41-year-old married man.After the two patches, if they fix all that's promised, this game will be great.

My $02.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 04:06 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Yes, it's playable for me. I only play once a week, so the boredom factor isn't there.

It has glitches, but to me, they're not gamebreakers. I really don't study stats that much. I don't care that a CB isn't on the right side of a receiver. I really don't care that a WR's stance is on the wrong foot. And so on..

The game is fun for this 41-year-old married man.After the two patches, if they fix all that's promised, this game will be great.

My $02.
Agreed. The game is playable. But, what's frustrating is getting used to playing it one way, with a certain set of sliders, then another, after the patches are out. This is a common practice in videogames these days, and it sucks.

BTW, nice sig.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude

My $02.
Your sig is hilarious.

And I think you meant $.02., you were about 100 of, but I do agree with you...It is playable in short spurts, especially after watching football.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:17 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Playable against friends, not for offline franchise against the CPU though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »