Home

Online Coop: Make a patch and I will pay for it!!!

This is a discussion on Online Coop: Make a patch and I will pay for it!!! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Online Coop: Make a patch and I will pay for it!!!

Open letter to EA devs and the fans of NHL 10.

Guys, don't shoot me! I know EA's policy for charging for extra gameplay modes via DLC is frowned on. But jeez, there's a lot of content in this year's version and its impossible for them to fit everything in, such as online coop in season/franchise modes.

So this is what I'm thinking. I figure, if the team can start working on it right now, they could probably put it out in 2 months and I will be the first to commit to paying for it, yet I'm wondering, would I be alone?

This is THE mode that is missing from this great game; playing with friends against the CPU with the quest being: winning the Stanley Cup has always been the most fun. Yeah, versus is fun too but this is THE cup, the oldest trophy in professional sports people!

We are now 2009, guys are busy and the kids who used to play NHL94 have grown up into US. We can't always get together, the wives would leave us and then we're stuck doing the laundry and cooking? NO WAY!

Now, the grown up kids have modified our socializing; we now sneak out "virtually" and socialize online via the XBL or PSN. We're having fun together in Horde mode or Terrorist Hunt for for sport, we're stuck playing a football game with a crap camera angle. This will NOT DO! We NEED our coop gaming fix! Specifically, we need our NHL10 coop gaming fix!!!

NHL2K10 has online coop in any mode this year and although I'm sure the game has its fans, I prefer the EA way for hockey, so I'm asking, I'm pleading, I'm BEGGING you EA, make a coop patch and make it available via DLC or teleportation, but just make online coop this year, not the next.

There are people out there like me and like my friend (insert your own friggin name) who WANT online coop now, not later and we're willing to pay for it. Think about it man, you can get RICH off the coop addicted hockey zombies out there.

So who's with me? Who will help me convince EA to not wait for next year but rather demand for it right now; make a patch with online coop in season or franchise modes against the CPU and we'll pay you $10. Even in US dollars!!!

So who's with me?!? I mean, what do I have to do, have Favreau knock on you guys in Iron Man 2: the return of Swingers?

... crickets... this thing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Online Coop: Make a patch and I will pay for it!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

yup

i hear the crickets too.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Dang it, this isn't working
Old 09-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yup...I'd be in for sure even to the tune of DLC though I'd expect some gloss on top of it. Maybe a 2 on 2 mode or something. Could be a gameplay expansion pack:
Online Coop Season
2 on 2 arcade
Skills competion

or somethin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoafer

Open letter to EA devs and the fans of NHL 10.

Guys, don't shoot me! I know EA's policy for charging for extra gameplay modes via DLC is frowned on. But jeez, there's a lot of content in this year's version and its impossible for them to fit everything in, such as online coop in season/franchise modes.

So this is what I'm thinking. I figure, if the team can start working on it right now, they could probably put it out in 2 months and I will be the first to commit to paying for it, yet I'm wondering, would I be alone?

This is THE mode that is missing from this great game; playing with friends against the CPU with the quest being: winning the Stanley Cup has always been the most fun. Yeah, versus is fun too but this is THE cup, the oldest trophy in professional sports people!

We are now 2009, guys are busy and the kids who used to play NHL94 have grown up into US. We can't always get together, the wives would leave us and then we're stuck doing the laundry and cooking? NO WAY!

Now, the grown up kids have modified our socializing; we now sneak out "virtually" and socialize online via the XBL or PSN. We're having fun together in Horde mode or Terrorist Hunt for for sport, we're stuck playing a football game with a crap camera angle. This will NOT DO! We NEED our coop gaming fix! Specifically, we need our NHL10 coop gaming fix!!!

NHL2K10 has online coop in any mode this year and although I'm sure the game has its fans, I prefer the EA way for hockey, so I'm asking, I'm pleading, I'm BEGGING you EA, make a coop patch and make it available via DLC or teleportation, but just make online coop this year, not the next.

There are people out there like me and like my friend (insert your own friggin name) who WANT online coop now, not later and we're willing to pay for it. Think about it man, you can get RICH off the coop addicted hockey zombies out there.

So who's with me? Who will help me convince EA to not wait for next year but rather demand for it right now; make a patch with online coop in season or franchise modes against the CPU and we'll pay you $10. Even in US dollars!!!

So who's with me?!? I mean, what do I have to do, have Favreau knock on you guys in Iron Man 2: the return of Swingers?

... crickets... this thing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm with you on this one. EA lacking this is the only reason I'm not excited to get the game this year
Old 09-10-2009, 07:00 AM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

This is one of the reasons I am buying NHL 2k10 this year. Me and my brother (who lives on the other side of country) are going to play a franchise in Co-op mode.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #8
Rookie

+1
I've been begging for this feature for years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »