Home

So what's going to happen with all these coordinator changes?

This is a discussion on So what's going to happen with all these coordinator changes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
So what's going to happen with all these coordinator changes?

First there was the unfortunate passing of Jim Johnson which gave way to Sean McDermott being promoted. Now there have been three, count them THREE offensive coordinators being fired before the season even starts! Can/will this be addressed via patch? I wasn't sure if that was possible or not. I like my offline franchise to be as sim as possible so stuff like this bugs me when it's not corrected. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: So what's going to happen with all these coordinator changes?

I guess nobody else cares about this besides me? C'mon I've seen people complain about much smaller things and have gotten responses.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Not really a big deal. Only a few coordinators affect the game anyway.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Chan Gailey was one of those, he negatively impacted the quarterback position in Madden. That will definitely affect the way Matt Cassel progresses the first year of a franchise. And definitely the loss of Jim Johnson will affect the Eagles defense, so that should be shown in the game as well. Turk Schonert and Jeff Jagodzinski eh they didn't really affect anything in the game, but it's just nice to have realism in the game. Remember, EA said if you see it on Sunday you'll see it on Madden.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface scotty
Chan Gailey was one of those, he negatively impacted the quarterback position in Madden. That will definitely affect the way Matt Cassel progresses the first year of a franchise. And definitely the loss of Jim Johnson will affect the Eagles defense, so that should be shown in the game as well. Turk Schonert and Jeff Jagodzinski eh they didn't really affect anything in the game, but it's just nice to have realism in the game. Remember, EA said if you see it on Sunday you'll see it on Madden.
LOL I remember what EA said. I wish they added more differences between coordinators
Old 09-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
LOL I remember what EA said. I wish they added more differences between coordinators
No doubt, I could add many other things but I don't want this thread to get locked.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
Rookie

bump
Old 09-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm pretty sure there not going to do anything with the coordinators.

Just like last year, when they didn't do anything when Mike Nolan and Scott Linehan was fired in the first couple of weeks and nothing was done.

I wish we had the option of changing coaches/coordinators around before we start a franchise. But, we don't and I really don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm mean, come on!

Is anyone else growing tired of everyone throwing out the "if we see it on Sunday" we should see it on the game bit? Cause I am.

It's a eff'ing slogan guys, quit taking everything so literally and the world will be a better place.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »