Home

NBA 2K10 Dunk/Layup Package DiscussioN Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Dunk/Layup Package DiscussioN Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Icon6 NBA 2K10 Dunk/Layup Package DiscussioN Thread

Since I already know that the dunks and layup packages are this year, I can get an early start. The only thing I need to figure out is what ratings trigger/allow which animations. I also need to find out what the minimum rating is this year since we are on a 25-99 scale. I know in the College Hoops 2K system (0 - 99), a 35 dunk rating allows a player to dunk. Hopefully it is the same this year.

I will just do every player in the NBA Alphabetically since players will be changing squads throughout the year. I don't want to have to constantly re-arrange players/teams. So ABC Order will be how I am doing this.

Again, my words are NOT the gospel. I am always open to feedback.

Dunk Packages
Generic Packages:
Rimgrazer
Basic Bigman
Athletic Bigman
Athletic Guard

Player Specific
:
Carmelo
Kobe
Vince
Duncan
Garnett
Dwight
Iggy
LeBron
Nate Robinson
Josh Smith
Nene
Shaq
Amare
Wade
James White
Yao

Specialty Dunks (Needs an 80 or above; can have UP TO 10 specialty dunks):
Tomahawk Back
Tomahawk Flair
Tomahawk Lean Kick
Tomahawk Power
Tomahawk Power Lean
Tomahawk, Side Lean
Two-Hand Flair
Two-Hand Fly
Two-Hand Power
Two-Hand Quick
Two-Hand Vert
Windmill Clutch
Windmill Power
Windmill Side
Windmill Ups
Reverse Clutch
Reverse Swing
Reverse Quick Hang
Reverse Flair
Jump Classic (Jumpman Signal)
360 Two-Hand Clutch
360 Between Legs
360 1-Hand Tomahawk.

Layup Packages

Pro Guard
Al Star Guard
Kobe
Jamal Crawford
Ginobili
J. Irving
Nash
TP
CP3
Rondo
Wade
Rookie Guard
Rookie Bigman
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2K10_Dunk_Edits.zip (38.0 KB, 544 views)

Last edited by DC; 11-11-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K10 Dunk/Layup Package DiscussioN Thread

Is 2K trying to tell me that all these guys get lay up packages and not AI? One of the most craftiest people around the basket gets ignored?
Old 09-04-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
Is 2K trying to tell me that all these guys get lay up packages and not AI? One of the most craftiest people around the basket gets ignored?
The lay-up packages are actually ways to work in player-specific lay-ups. If you watch this video, you'll see that not all lay-ups are shown on the edit screen -- only the specialty ones are.

That is, Allen Iverson may not have a special fake-to-lay-up animation like Rondo or the dribble-to-lay-up linked animation like Paul, but that's because he doesn't in real life. Beyond those specialty ones, the lay-ups are mostly the same, and those are what Iverson and many others will rightfully have.

So he didn't get ignored just because he doesn't have his own package. Really, very few people (Parker, Nash) have their own packages without the up-and-unders and linked animations. I hope that makes sense. The generic ones will suit Iverson and nearly everyone else in the game just fine.

Last edited by Shinyhubcaps; 09-04-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

wow DC, early start this season. To my understanding from the draft combine, the minimum rating to select a dunk package is 45. from there, you can choose either rimgrazer or basic bigman.

25-44; no dunks
45-64; rimgrazer or basic bigman
65-79; athletic guard or athletic bigman
80+; specialty dunks

I also noticed that the higher the dunk rating is the more creative the dunks are based on the package. (ei. rimgrazer windmill is much different from a athletic guard windmill)
Old 09-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
The lay-up packages are actually ways to work in player-specific lay-ups. If you watch this video, you'll see that not all lay-ups are shown on the edit screen -- only the specialty ones are.

That is, Allen Iverson may not have a special fake-to-lay-up animation like Rondo or the dribble-to-lay-up linked animation like Paul, but that's because he doesn't in real life. Beyond those specialty ones, the lay-ups are mostly the same, and those are what Iverson and many others will rightfully have.

So he didn't get ignored just because he doesn't have his own package. Really, very few people (Parker, Nash) have their own packages without the up-and-unders and linked animations. I hope that makes sense. The generic ones will suit Iverson and nearly everyone else in the game just fine.
Which is the same reason why he constantly gets block in 2k. AI has more craftier lay ups to avoid blocks and the generic lay ups don't do him any justice. Unless 2k put in more advanced lay ups in whatever package he gets, then the same old problem will keep reoccurring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #6
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Hype good work man. I can always count on your Dunk Rating wisdom
Old 09-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Thanks DC. dunks have always been my biggest focus because i always felt they were over-done in video games. i try to make it to where dunks in traffic happen so rarely that i jump out of my seat when they do occur. I gotten pretty close to that in 2k9
Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm (kind of) less than impressed with the signature dunks. Mainly because there's no plain one-hand 360. -Dominique quote- "I was doing that dunk in the 10 grade."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »