Home

Some thing about the Draft Combine I dont Understand?

This is a discussion on Some thing about the Draft Combine I dont Understand? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Some thing about the Draft Combine I dont Understand?

I was going to make a post complaining about the lack of and online mode in the Combine, but a thread already addressed that. (and I still would like to see Online some how integrated during Combine play)

The thing that annoys me about the Combine is that after you finish your 6 game Combine Career and drills the game is useless. It is as if it is incomplete.

I ask the question why cant a scimage be a full game instead of a 5 min 4th quarter? After all of the drills and games playing the scrimmage makes you feel as if you paid 400 MSP or 5 bucks on a demo, which is free. Where is the substance. Can I get a full scrimmage game. Thats my first complaint.

How come the more you practice and play in scrimmages you cant get better. I don't understand. I know they want you to buy the game and come into to the game rated mediocre, but your telling me all of the practice shooting and scrimmage play can't get me a fraction better? After all it is time invested in playing with your player and shouldn't you get rewarded for that? I'm not saying you should get mega points or even as much as you got in the Combine Games but for real could we get like 10, 20, 30, skill points every game and 10 more for a win. 10 for a bronze performance, 20 for a silver performance, and 30, for a gold performance.

It would take a lot of time to make your player a monster at that rate, so we wont see too many people uploading a 80+ player. But could we get something, maybe expierence even. I just think there is something missing to the game after your short career. Heck maybe even open up the skill department and get a skill point for every five drills or something. Thats my take.
-Sincerly Cortland "Infamous" Jones
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Some thing about the Draft Combine I dont Understand?

Well I haven't uploaded my player yet. I keep deleting my play until I make someone I'm satisfied with. If you uploaded your player, just delete the saved game file and make another, just for kicks. That way you can play full games and not just one quarter.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 17

There is a little bit more substance to the Combine than a demo. I mean seriously, you get to play 6 full games with a created player. And you get to do drills as well. You can scrimmage, sure it's 5 minutes, but you can just hit rematch and play again.

Also, you can delete your created player and create a new one, keep doing it until you're satisfied with the player you have.

If that doesn't work, just use a different gamertag, pretty sure other people have been doing that.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:48 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23

i dont necessarily agree that you should be able to still improve, after all the combine in real life is a few day event, you dont have weeks to improve or impress scouts. but i do think it would be nice to play full length scrimmages maybe even with in game help telling you your teammate grade but not receiving any skill points at the end. also being able to do the drills as many times as you wish without the reward or whatever.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

You do get better with the scrimmage. I did. I learned moves and proper execution in the scrimmage. Surely you mean rating increases for your player. No we can't get that, but WE can get better. I never play player lock on 2K9 so I had to learn to do it with scrimmages. So, I attest that YOU can get better from it, but maybe not your player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistpick
You do get better with the scrimmage. I did. I learned moves and proper execution in the scrimmage. Surely you mean rating increases for your player. No we can't get that, but WE can get better. I never play player lock on 2K9 so I had to learn to do it with scrimmages. So, I attest that YOU can get better from it, but maybe not your player.
Agree with all you guys points. I just felt it should be a little longer. But after all it is a Arcade game.
-Sincerly Cortland "Infamous" Jones
Old 09-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Please use the sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.

Last edited by eDotd; 09-02-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »