Home

Since "tuning" was a popular phrase among the Madden devs this year...

This is a discussion on Since "tuning" was a popular phrase among the Madden devs this year... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Since "tuning" was a popular phrase among the Madden devs this year...

...why is hardly anything tuned?

Mostly regarding franchise. Inflated passing numbers, mediocre running numbers, an odd amount of return TDs, weird temperatures, odd trades, you name it.

I mean, Dan OrLOLsky just threw for 38 TDs and 11 INTs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Since "tuning" was a popular phrase among the Madden devs this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
...why is hardly anything tuned?

Mostly regarding franchise. Inflated passing numbers, mediocre running numbers, an odd amount of return TDs, weird temperatures, odd trades, you name it.

I mean, Dan OrLOLsky just threw for 38 TDs and 11 INTs.
Yeah, that is a little odd. If all you're going to do in Offline Franchise Mode is tune and fix prior mistakes, at least you can do is fix prior mistakes.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

i dont think the CPU factors in OVR ratings in simmed games. I mean you have SCRUBS playing like HALL OF FAMERS in franchise.

In mine, Sean Hill is 3rd in Passing yds, 4th in TD's with 23 to only 3 picks and averaging 312 yds a game with a QB rating of 95.8...WTF? Maybe its a fluke.

then on the other hand, you have Forte averaging 2.9 YPC and 1 TD, but their #1 WR (forgot who he is but he is a scrub) has 1100 yds recieving with 11 TDs...His ovr is like 67.....Odd?

Just so many "WTH?" moments in franchise that just dont make sense.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah I've had strange problems like this as well. Mostly the fact that every QB in the league throws for over 25TD's and no running back rushes for over 10TD's. Also, poor QB's who have phenomenal seasons don't seem to go up any more than they normally would. Try this... take a young guy with A potential and simulate different seasons over and over again and you'll probably see that no matter how good he does he's going to go up 5 points. He could be the league MVP or the worst QB of all time, it doesn't really matter. I hate that.
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandjordan
Yeah I've had strange problems like this as well. Mostly the fact that every QB in the league throws for over 25TD's and no running back rushes for over 10TD's. Also, poor QB's who have phenomenal seasons don't seem to go up any more than they normally would. Try this... take a young guy with A potential and simulate different seasons over and over again and you'll probably see that no matter how good he does he's going to go up 5 points. He could be the league MVP or the worst QB of all time, it doesn't really matter. I hate that.
your sig is SO TRUE!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
your sig is SO TRUE!!!

In-season and realistic, performance-based progression have fallen by the wayside. That's one of the many features that I can't stand to see gone.
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

the answer to this question and probably the vast majority of these types of questions is that the devs lied. i check up on this board every few days and nothing's changed. everyone's still asking "why ____" and the devs are still on "vacay". it's like everyone's in denial. it's amazing and i can't recall another situation off the top of my head where so many people have had the wool pulled over their eyes for so long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »