Home

Madden 10 needs a CPU Intelligence Slider

This is a discussion on Madden 10 needs a CPU Intelligence Slider within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden 10 needs a CPU Intelligence Slider

Not willing to deal with the wildcatapalooza, I've been playing mostly offline since the launch. Problem is, I've been playing Madden since Genesis and know how to read defenses and how to audible and hot route to get decent gains on nearly every play on every difficulty level. Same thing with running the rock which I like to keep at around a 50% ratio. So I went to various sliders to try and get a competitive game. Still no luck. Seems like no matter what Player and CPU skill level, the computer cannot score much on me nor can they stop my offense. This frustrates me as I am really wanting some close, grind-them-out games. Not this year.

Even CPU-controlled greats like Brady and Roethlisberger, when they manage to move the ball down the field, will turn into Joey Harrington's inside the Red Zone, making poor reads, often throwing into double and triple coverages, leading to many pick 6's.

Seems like the awareness rating doesn't equal intelligence which means major disappointment for those of us wanting NFL sim experiences offline. The only way to have any shot at a close game is for me to use the house rules NOT to audible or hot route, to stay away from slants, and to NOT play as a defensive lineman. That is the only way the CPU has a chance to score and then it turns into a track meet / shootout.

Not to mention all the other idiot moves the CPU coach pulls such as attempting a field goal from the 37 yard line when down by 4 late in the 4th quarter, running (using a non-run-heavy team) on critical 3rd and longs, leaving my top WR uncovered by not lining anyone up against him, blitzing far too often, terrible pursuit angles, running out of bounds when wide open, etc.

Can EA implement an intelligence slider? I agree with versus2 that everything you see on Sunday is in this game, EXCEPT coaching.

Last edited by kej2u; 09-01-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »