Home

What Made 2k7 So Good?

This is a discussion on What Made 2k7 So Good? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
What Made 2k7 So Good?

So, I hear it referred to as the best in the series? What made it so good? Just curious.

I have played NBA 2k since it came out on the dreamcast. I've always loved the games. Some have been better than others; but all-in-all it's been great. However, I don't recall 2k7 standing out...so anyone please let me know what 2k7 was seen by many as the best game in the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: What Made 2k7 So Good?

I think it was just such a big jump from 2K6. I actually believe every 2K game has gotten better (aside from 2K4). Where I will say 2K7 had an upperhand over 2K8 and 2K9 is the presentation. I liked their halftime shows.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Pro

Aces15's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah it was a really big jump from 2K6 in my opinion, and as I remember it was just the beginning of signature styles with Steve Nash licking his hands walking up the floor and all that good stuff.

Oh and those were the good days with no lock-on defense... man I miss that.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Like what Po Pimp said its how much they did with 2k7 compared to 2k6. Also the addition of signature shots and moves revolutionized the game of basketball. Now a days its all about having each player play the way they do in real life.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

It was the first real next-gen game. 2k6 was just 2k5 with new rosters. That's why it was only like $30 when it came out. But even with that aside, 2k7 was just so great. When 2k8 came out I was pretty disappointed because they completely changed what made the game great. The only thing great about 2k8 was that they finally added a post game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces15
Yeah it was a really big jump from 2K6 in my opinion, and as I remember it was just the beginning of signature styles with Steve Nash licking his hands walking up the floor and all that good stuff.

Oh and those were the good days with no lock-on defense... man I miss that.
Yeah, that too. You had to manually defend your guy in 2k7. Then in 2k8 they gave you the ultimate handicap with lock-on D.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Wins Games
It was the first real next-gen game. 2k6 was just 2k5 with new rosters. That's why it was only like $30 when it came out. But even with that aside, 2k7 was just so great. When 2k8 came out I was pretty disappointed because they completely changed what made the game great. The only thing great about 2k8 was that they finally added a post game.
I could also say that 2k8 was as close as having a defensive AI as ever ... and that along many other things made 2k9 (the overall best game, IMO) feel ackward to some ...
Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

2k7 takes skill to play. Each players have their own unique shots even at the free throw line. And the speed is what makes the game fun...the movement of the player at your control is instant compare to previous games. Previous game like 2k8 and 2k9 are slow and not control friendly. You're not able to run fast and you don't feel the speed of the game. I don't care how they say it's fast it's fast...no it aint' fast...i am not feeling it. There is something seriiously wrong with 2k8 and 2k9...something to maybe footplanting thing they put in which slow the damm game down. Whatever it is, they need to clean that up and go back to the drawing board and use 2k7 as a blueprint cuz it ain't working.

I am not excited about NBA2k anymore after being fooled not ONCE, but TWICE into buying 2k8 and 2k9.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 08-31-2009 at 08:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »