Home

Does anyone take control of all teams in Offline Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Does anyone take control of all teams in Offline Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does anyone take control of all teams in Offline Franchise Mode?

I wanted to know that if anyone like me takes control of all the teams in franchise mode. I ask this because it seems like the most realistic way of playing offline franchise mode.

For example the NFL Draft and Free Agent Signing periods are better because you won't see outrageous draft pick picks or idiot signings.

If the Lions draft a QB in the 1rst or 2nd round of the 2010 Draft in your franchise mode then I call that a major FAIL. Same can be said for a Free Agent signing of an obvious 4-3 DT being signed to a team like the Patriots or Dolphins who clearly run 99% of the plays out of a 3-4, Same can be said for a CPU run team like the Vikings drafting a RB in the top 10 when they clearly don't need one.

I have found that when I run each team I can sign each free agent according to their scheme as well as drafting to fit each teams scheme. No more will I see a Cover-2 OLB being picked by a pure 3-4 Defensive squad.

Just thought I ask because it seems like the best thing to do in terms of realistic play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Does anyone take control of all teams in Offline Franchise Mode?

I'm going to try this....I know some of the other members do this and I have heard good things about it...Also, you can edit coaching schemes to fix things like over blitzing ad RB touchdowns.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree that some things are better, like toning down the blitz happy defenses and such but it's a lot of work and on top of that how do you hand trades and such, it totally takes out the CPU trading for players or how do you decide who gets FA's at the end of the year? I mean I would find it hard to not be biased toward my team, especially when it is the Lions and they suck
Old 08-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I agree that some things are better, like toning down the blitz happy defenses and such but it's a lot of work and on top of that how do you hand trades and such, it totally takes out the CPU trading for players or how do you decide who gets FA's at the end of the year? I mean I would find it hard to not be biased toward my team, especially when it is the Lions and they suck
CPU does not trade anyway.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
Rookie

i do to keep rosters that reflect real life for the season, since there is no single season mode
WASHINGTONWIZARDS
MICHIGANWOLVERINES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
CPU does not trade anyway.
Ah i never paid attention to their transactions to see if they do. They trade with me though :P But if I controlled them all I would have to decide if the trade was good or not for both teams.

But my bigest thing is how would I control FA signing. I mean lets say 5 teams could use the same player, including my own? :P
Old 08-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

This seems like a lengthy process, how do you go about it?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

My reason are for Free Agent Signings and Draft picks to fit what each team scheme does, and not to draft and sign players that are already filled by solid veterens and upcoming stars and even spots that are filled by high draft picks from the year before.

Also, some teams that are clearly running base 3-4 schemes this year are still default 4-3 teams. Like Denver and Kansas City to be exact. They are both switching the 3-4, but for some reason they are running the 4-3 in Madden. So when I took control I made the switch. And thats just the beginning. Ii also allows me to play younger players that were drafted high, and it also gives me the oppertunity to switch players positions after I draft them.

For example, when I draft George Selvie from USF, I can switch his position that he will project to in the NFL, which is a 3-4 OLB. Same for guys like Ricky Sapp of Clemson and so on. If I didn't control the other clubs I couldn't do this and players would be playing out of position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »