Home

How to change 3-4 to 4-3?

This is a discussion on How to change 3-4 to 4-3? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How to change 3-4 to 4-3?

Guys,

I am in over 1 season on my Cowboys franchise. I decided to change defense. I went into the coach's tab and switched from the 'chise menu and switched it there. However, when I go into a game it still has the 3-4. Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong? Do I need to start my franchise over with the 4-3 changed ahead of time? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Manny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: How to change 3-4 to 4-3?

Are you using the Cowboys default playbook? That could be the problem.

The Cowboys would be a beast 4-3 though. D-Ware is a prototypical DE. Ratliff was getting sacks as a NT. Imagine what he could do in a John Randle/Warren Sapp role.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

You have the use a different playbook. ie. '4-3' playbook.

The coaching tab only affects sim stats.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

If you want to avoid changing the defense manually every game, go to the main menu under 'My Madden' and switch your playbook to 4-3.

Personally, I have had better luck getting sacks in the 3-4.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
If you want to avoid changing the defense manually every game, go to the main menu under 'My Madden' and switch your playbook to 4-3.

Personally, I have had better luck getting sacks in the 3-4.
Actually playing the game, I do as well.

But as far as simulating, it's a joke. I'm in year 3 of my Benglas franchise, and after totaling 20 sacks inm 2008, DeMarcus Ware has a total of 11 sacks in 09-10.

The Cowboys DE that they got from Pittsburgh in the 09 offseason led the Cowboys in sacks with 12. Yeah thats right, a 3-4 DE had more sacks than DeMarcus Ware who is the best pass rusher in the NFL.

Ridiculous.

*edit* But to the OP, you may be on to something. Sim as a 4-3 defense, so your edge rushers can actually do something, and then play as a 3-4 when you can actually control things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 16

Why would you even want to do that?
Old 08-31-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

if you do that you need to move Ware to DE because if you leave him at LB in a 4-3 you will take away his pass rush ability.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Change the playbook and you'll be fine, but honestly I don't think you should mess with soemthing as precious as Ware in a 34 D. If it isn't broke don't fix it, plus you have to start drafting players to fit that scheme which could take a few seasons. The Cowboys have one of the best personal for the 34 D, where as they would need to draft for playmaking OLB that can run sideline to sideline and also pass rushing DT's who have one gap responsibility. I also think even with Ware being a solid DE in a 43 who would be responsible for opposite him? Spencer is undersized for a LDE in a 43 even though he played 43 DE at Purdue he doesn't have the strength to stack up at the point of attack and shed blockers quick enough to make consistent plays in the backfield.

The Cowboys are too entrenched in the 34 and your better off waiting until they start losing key personal. You might want to find a playbook that best utilizes both schemes so you can get a feel for what your trying to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »