Home

What am I doing wrong (Offline Franchise Free Agency)

This is a discussion on What am I doing wrong (Offline Franchise Free Agency) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What am I doing wrong (Offline Franchise Free Agency)

I'm playing as the 49ers. I finished my 1st season and I'm now in the free agency period. I need to draft a WR to replace Bruce, and Antonio Bryant is available. I make an offer, he considers. I advance a day, and the Cowboys makes a better offer and now he's considering them. I counter offer with more $$$ and he says he's considering the 49ers. However after I hit "A" it takes me back to the screen and still shows Dallas as his interest, even though he said the niners. I click on the details and it's still showing Dallas' offer and not mine. I try it again, same thing. I advance another day, still says he's considering Dallas, I make an offer again, says he's considering me, but it's not showing that. A few days go by, and he signs with Dallas.

Why? What am I doing wrong, is this a bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: What am I doing wrong (Offline Franchise Free Agency)

No, he likes Dallas' offer better than yours. Either they offered more money or he'd rather go to their team than yours.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

A lot of players that have been in the league are more likely to sign with good teams rather than bad teams. If you have a crappy record, they wont sign with you. They mainly want money and a good team. Even if it says they are considering you, its just that, considering, doesnt mean you have the best offer.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

The only way to sign the guy, is to offer the farm to him. I remember a few days ago when Albert Haynesworth was a FA at the age of 39. He still was a 84 OVR and i switched the broncos back to a 4-3 so i offered him a deal, but the COWBOYS kept getting to me. I had to up the offer about 6 mil more than the boy's offered to get him to sign. nothing like have a guy making 11 mil for ONE year.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
No, he likes Dallas' offer better than yours. Either they offered more money or he'd rather go to their team than yours.
This. He still prefers Dallas' offer. I believe the players only "consider" 3 offers at a time so, when they say that, it only guarantees that you're in the top 3. You'll likely have to offer even more money to top Dallas.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Thanks, that makes sense. I wish it just said not interested, it's a little misleading
Old 08-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
Rookie

Same thing happened to me. Is there a place where you can see where you rank among the offers the player is considering? Seems like I remember in Madden 05 or 06, you could see "interest bars" or something in the offers they were considering, and it would show you where your offer ranked and by how much.

I haven't seen that in this year's. Would sure be nice to have...
Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

One trick I found that really helps in signing them is to pay them a 1 year deal worth a lot. It sucks because it lowers you cap a lot that one season but the next year you will be able to resign him in the resigning period much easier.

There is also the cheapy exploit you can use in single player franchise, you just edit the any player you want into a punters so he is skill level like 12 and then you can sign him to a 7 year deal for ultra cheap then go back and edit him to his normal position :P lame if you are trying to simulate the real thing though.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-30-2009 at 11:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »