Home

My fix for progression. Opinions?

This is a discussion on My fix for progression. Opinions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
Rookie

jts20's Arena

OVR: 5
My fix for progression. Opinions?

This was a post i had on the EA Sports forum responding to a dev who was asking us what we thought the progression problem was(amazes me that some people don't see the problem of having 20-30% of the players having superstar ratings). What do you guys think of this?

Alright Russ this is the problem and how to fix it. Players A) Come in too highly rated.(Which was supposed to be fixed this year, read it in an interview with a Dev online on a gaming website) and B) Get way better way too fast.

For one, there should only be 10-20 5* recruits a year, like real life. They should be rated like this. 1*=49 overall and below. 2*=50-57, 3*=58-65, 4*=66-73, 5*= 74-81 with a standout player like a Reggie Bush or a Percy Harvin coming in once every 2-5 years and marked with a gold ea sports amazing high school talent symbol or something that comes in immediately rated 90-95 and will impact whatever lucky team gets him right away.

Now that you have that fixed, issue number 2.

Players are progressing way too much in the off season. Right now it doesn't matter if you recruit 5* athletes or 2-3* players because they are all 90-99 by junior/senior year. This makes it so EVERY TEAM IN A BCS CONFERENCE IS A B+ OR A- BY YEAR 5 OR 6. And mid majors are all c to A range, making everything too even. Most players should only get better by 1-2 overall points a year, that's how 95% of the players should progress. The other 5% progress 3-5%, with a hidden gem like a 2* recruit who progresses 10-15% every year and goes from a nobody to a stud 85-95 overall by his senior year ala Chad Greenway at Iowa. These players should be just as rare as the Harvin/Bush standout players mentioned above.

There should only be like 2-5 teams in the country rated A- or above overall, it should take great recruiting efforts, like 3 top 5 recruiting classes in a row to be able to touch an A rating for your team. There should be some years where there isn't even a single player rated above a 97 or so. 99 ratings for players should be reserved for those special Harvin/Bush/Tebow/Laurinitis type players who only come along once in awhile for alot of teams. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THERE BE MORE THEN 3-4 (99) OVERALL PLAYERS IN A SINGLE YEAR, NOT TO MENTION ANYWHERE FROM 30 TO F***ING 100.

Follow my model and I PROMISE you, everyone will be so much happier. By the way, I love NCAA Football so much if you guys were to fly me out to wherever you develop the game, and pay for a place for me to stay and eat, I'd help you guys out with Dynasty mode for free besides the stuff I mentioned. I could help you guys get all the little things right and I'd be on message boards constantly getting ACTUAL CUSTOMER FEEDBACK. As long as you guys promise not to get too lazy on me and would work hard to make this a good game, I would seriously take time out of my job and life, take a 2-3 month vacation, and help you guys make dynasty mode a more in-depth experiance then it has ever been on any previous NCAA.

And I understand that most of you guys aren't lazy, I just can't think of any other reason why the number one thing that has been wrong with the game since day 1 hasn't been fixed. Dynasty progression is killing dynasty mode, your best game mode. TO F***ING HELL WITH SEASON SHOWDOWN AND BUILD-A-TEAM, GET YOUR DYNASTY MODE RIGHT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
oh ummm

OVR: 20
Re: My fix for progression. Opinions?

I just dont get how this was overlooked during development. Didnt they even sim 5 years into their own game and make an assumption about anything or what?
Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 AM   #3
Rookie

klumdat's Arena

This has got to be one of the best post I have ever taken the time to read on these forums. I love the part about spending a 2-3 month vacation to help work on dynasty mode. I would be stoked to do that.

..****Sh Um...
Old 08-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

There are enough threads on this already, they are pretending to be in denial about the issue IMHO because it's too time intensive to patch or will screw up imports to Madden (in spite of Adam's denial these products are interconnected).

We had our two patches, further discussion is pointless, they aren't addressing it.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

This guy gets it.

I really hope they spread out the ratings next year. We need to differentiate the good players from the average and bad ones. The same thing can be said about the teams as well. Great post.

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

This is almost exactly what I've been telling people I play this game with. Recruits come in way too high. Not enough 2 stars stay 2 stars (hell, NONE do). They need to have an unknown rating that you find out AFTER you recruit someone: potential. You can get a 5 star with an F potential who never gets better. A 2 star can be an A+, and he becomes one of the ones who gets better like crazy. It doesn't even have to be a visible rating (I'd personally rather have it stay hidden). But they need to make it so some 5 stars fizzle out and even regress, while some 2/3 stars go nuts and become people like Larry English and Darren Evans (Yes, according to rivals, Evans was a 3 star recruit.)

I also don't mind having some 3 star recruits be more like a 5 star, but if you do that, there should only be 3 or 4 of them, while there should be a handful of 4 stars who are more like 2.5 stars and some 5 stars who are 3 stars. Make it random. Don't make it so if I get a 5 star, I know I'm getting a 77 or better.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Ice Cold

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I think i saw that thread or something similar on the EA forums and Russ is in total denial. He refuses to admit there's a problem with progression. It's frustrating, because I think they know the problem is there, but will not admit it and are too lazy to work on a patch for it.
PLEASE GET A NEW DEV TEAM FOR NCAA. This team is just awful.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
Rookie

jts20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
There are enough threads on this already, they are pretending to be in denial about the issue IMHO because it's too time intensive to patch or will screw up imports to Madden (in spite of Adam's denial these products are interconnected).

We had our two patches, further discussion is pointless, they aren't addressing it.
Yeah I know there's threads discussing it already but I wanted opinions on my ideas for a progression model.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »