Home

Please do something to reduce all the Pick-6's

This is a discussion on Please do something to reduce all the Pick-6's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Please do something to reduce all the Pick-6's

Hopefully this is going in to one of the first patches, but I just started my 32 all human controlled OF and we are about 12/16 games completed and the amount of pick-6's are horrible.

It's basically to the point where there are about 2 a game, this needs to be toned down big time. More break ups, less picks, or make the acceleration on the offense a little faster to compensate for the hurriedness of an interception return.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Please do something to reduce all the Pick-6's

I think the problem is the pursuit angles after an interception, the offense doesn't know how to take an angle so once you/opponent get to the sideline, it's almost a guaranteed pick 6, sometimes you'll have to break a tackle. Very frustrating, apparently no one taught these little polygon guys playing the game anything about pursuit angles.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

i really think it has to do with the horrible pursuit angles the cpu on your team or the opposing team makes.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's all about the pursuit angles, which are ruining many aspects of this game (Receivers gaining too much YAC for instance.)

Pursuit angles are the reason that all the games are so high scoring, because the defense takes completely stupid and unrealistic pursuit angles.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
I think the problem is the pursuit angles after an interception, the offense doesn't know how to take an angle so once you/opponent get to the sideline, it's almost a guaranteed pick 6, sometimes you'll have to break a tackle. Very frustrating, apparently no one taught these little polygon guys playing the game anything about pursuit angles.
Exactly... the offensive players pursuit ratings are so ridiculously, they all take absolutely terrible pursuit angles.

I think the problem is that the rating is too consistently applied. I.E. a guy who has a 60 pursuit is going to take a 60-type of angle on almost every play, rather than taking a good angle only 60% of the time or something like that.

The rating shouldn't make them take consistently bad angles, but a low rating should increase the frequency at which they take bad angles. With everyone who's a poor angle guy taking a terrible angle every play, it makes the entire offense virtually incapable of making a tackle on a return.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 02:35 AM   #6
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

The offensive pursuit angles are not only terrible by NFL standards, they are terrible by anyone's standards. This has to be a priority for patching.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:37 AM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Agreed, this is a huge problem.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:48 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Count me in as one of the ones who has seen way too much of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »