Home

DanSF49's Madden 10 Team Sliders - Pre Season Edition

This is a discussion on DanSF49's Madden 10 Team Sliders - Pre Season Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
DanSF49's Madden 10 Team Sliders - Pre Season Edition

*** UPDATE ***

Okay I have reformulated these sliders and have done away with the original idea of having 1 set of sliders for each team. The new setup is this, all teams now have 2 sets of sliders, one for Human skill and one for CPU skill.

If you don't know how this works its simple. As an example your playing Steelers (Human) vs Ravens (CPU) all you have to do is put in all the sliders for the Steelers that are listed on the Human sheet, Page 1. Then put in all the sliders for the Ravens that are listed on the CPU sheet, Page 2.

I will be releasing a newly updated set for each week of the NFL season based on NFL team stats. These are just based off of the end of the 2008 regular season, just so you can get a feel for them and I can test out how I want to scale the sliders this year.

The sliders are in the attached spreadsheet. There are 2 worksheets, the first is for the actual sliders which is 2 pages. The first set you will see says HUMAN and if you scroll down below you will see the CPU sliders. On the second tab of the spreadsheet you will find the actual slider scale that I am using for each slider and what catergories I used for each slider to come up with the ranking for each team.

Here are the settings I use.

Game Speed: FAST
Threshold: 55

15 min quarters
Accelerated Clock
25 second run off.

Penalties all MAX except
Holding - 50
Facemask - 60
Clipping - 60

Special Team Sliders
FG Power - 55
FG Acc - 45
Punt Power - 55
Punt Acc - 65
KO Power - 50
Attached Files
File Type: zip Team Sliders - V.1.zip (7.1 KB, 527 views)

Last edited by DanSF49; 09-01-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: DanSF49's Madden 10 Team Sliders - Pre Season Edition

It was only a matter of time. This worked really well for me last year. Thanks for posting Dan.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Pro

Just to give you guys an idea of the type of games I'm getting with these sliders, here is what happened in my last 3 games.

Falcons (me) at Eagles (cpu)

Final Score in OT:
Falcons - 40
Eagles - 37

Complete and crazy shootout, back and forth game that I ended up winning in my first possesion of OT by hitting Roddy White on a post for 62 yards that put me in FG range for the winner.

Redskins (cpu) at Bucs (me)

Final Score:
Redskins - 9
Bucs - 6

Defenses dominated this game causing havoc with both passing games. Couple of crucial dropped passes costed me a chance to win in the 4th quarter. But Jason Campbell was able to hit Moss for 3 key first downs in the final drive to step the game winning field goal as time expired.

Cowboys (cpu) at Bills (me)

Final Score:
Cowboys - 44
Bills - 3

I have not been spanked like this in Madden in a few years. Barber just tore up the Bills for 164 yards and 3 TD's while Romo went 21/32 for 337 and 2 TD's. As for the Bills is was a complete disaster Edward threw 3 first half picks and Owens got knocked out of the game early with a shoulder injury.

As you can see 3 games, all played differently but all realistic. Just wanted to give you guys a taste of what I have been seeing. By the way had about a half hour to play at lunch today with the Lions aganist the Ravens, it wasn't pretty the Ravens just swarmed Strafford and I was down 27-0 at halftime when I had to go back to work.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
It was only a matter of time. This worked really well for me last year. Thanks for posting Dan.
LOL I had a feeling you would be one of the first posting in this thread.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I just wanted to go ahead and state that I am a huge advocate of Team Slider's. Hell, last year Team Slider's were the only thing that made Madden remotely playable thats why I really appreciate Dan for putting these out.

One of the main reasons I like them is because every game feels like a completely new game. A game against Arizona will feel completely different than playing against a team like Pittsburgh. I urge all of you to give these a try for yourself and let Dan know what he can do (if anything) to improve these.

Here's the stats for the two games that I've played so far.

Game One
GB (me)/Chi

Score: 23/6
Total Offense: 383/248
Rushing Yards: 157/91
Passing Yards: 226/157
First Downs: 20/12
Turnovers: 3/1
3rd Down conversions: 7-14 (46%)/3-14 (21%)
4th Down conversions: 0-0/1-4
Red Zone%: 3-3 (100%)/ 0-1 (0%)
Penalties: 5-55/ 1-5
TOS: 34:31/25:29

I will also include some individual players that my be of interest. Probably the ones your would be interested in are passing, rushing and sacks. If you want anymore I can get those to you, as well.

Passing:
A. Rodgers: 9-12, 125 yds, 1 td, 0 ints
M. Flynn: 7-16, 107 yds, 1 td, 3 ints

J. Cutler: 17-33, 184 yds, 0 td, 1 int

Rushing:
R. Grant: 24 atts, 115 yds, 4.6 avg, 1 td
D. Wynn: 6 atts, 10 yds, 1.6 avg
B. Jackson: 3 atts, 28 yds, 9.3 avg
K. Hall: 1 att, 3 yds

M. Forte: 15 atts, 83 yds, 5.5 avg
K. Jones: 4 att, 5 yds, 1.2 avg

Sacks:

GB: 5 Total- Pickett (2), Raji, Jolly, Matthews

Chi: 1- Payne

Notes:
All in all it was a pretty good game. It was actually much closer than the score indicated. Chicago had some opportunities but they missed a short FG and turned the ball over on downs three times. It was really odd seeing the CPU go for it on 4th so much. But since they did and missed it really hurt them and that's why there's a discrepancy in TOS and yardage. Also, note the 5 sacks (including on from a OLB in the 3-4) for those who can't tend to get to the QB!

This game had a new feel to me because normally I play on slow speed with 13 min quarters/20 sec. runoff. It took me some time to adjust and as a personal preferance I like slow better. However, I will continue using your setting's while I'm testing these slider's.

Game 2

GB/Cin

Score: 54/26
Total Offense: 402/378
Rushing Yards: 138/59
Passing Yards: 264/319
First Downs: 19/16
Turnovers: 1/3
3rd Down conversions: 6-12 (50%)/ 7-19 (36%)
4th Down conversions: 0/ 1-1
Red Zone%: 7-7/ 2-2
Penalties: 5-56/ 3-30
TOS: 31:05/ 28:55

Passing:

A. Rodgers: 16-30, 275 yds, 3 tds, 1 int

C. Palmer: 23-48, 327 yds, 1 td, 2 int

Rushing:

R. Grant: 23 atts, 94 yds, 4.0 avg, 2 tds
B. Jackson: 6 att, 22 yds, 3.6 avg
D. Wynn: 4 atts, 22 yds, 5.5 avg

C. Benson: 22 atts, 63 yds, 2.8 avg, 1 td (very realistic, IMO)

Sacks

GB: 1- Kampman (another sack from the OLB in the 3-4)

Cin: 1- Geathers

Notes:
This game got a little out of hand because I jumped out 21-0 in the first quarter. From them on it was a very back and fourth game. The Bengal's went 3 and out on the 1st two possessions plus fumbled a punt return. If it wasn't for the first quarter the final score would have been 33-26.

I do see some potential in these slider's but, I need a few more games to see how I play against higher rated teams. If I start getting some loses these will definitely be money.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
LOL I had a feeling you would be one of the first posting in this thread.
Was there ever a doubt? Lol! I tried to use the Week 17 team sliders from last year for Madden 10 and it just didn't work.

What kind of passing stats are you getting with the ACC so low? I've noticed that on lower accuracy settings a lot of routes are impossible to complete. Specifically flag/corner routes and deep balls are next to impossible.

I had been using USER QB ACC at 45 and CPU at 40 and the games and stats have been fairly accurate. I was using 20 ACC for both and there was just too many incompletions.

The Pass Reaction slider is another one I was having difficulty with. It seems that anything higher than 50 is when you'll start to see the DB's makes cuts in the routes even before the receiver does. Surprisingly enough with setting at 0 it's not as bad as you would think.

Pass Rush- It's tough to get a read on this. The tough thing with this has been that if I have the right amount pressure it seems that Play Action passes are impossible. I get sacked on practically every one. This is probably the cause of the CPU play calling.

It's great that the sliders are so effective this year but man it's been tough to find the right setting.

After all of this, the Speed Threshold slider has a HUGE effect on everything. You can almost select the type of game you want (high or low) scoring with this setting.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Broke into a little jig when I saw these (okay, not quite lol). But this is awesome. Loved this idea last year, it actually made Madden 09 somewhat playable, I can't wait to try them out on Madden 10 (and with separate CPU and Human sliders, no less!).

DanSF, I see you're going with Fast game speed and 60 threshold. Have you tested these slider ranges out on Slow? My guess is that they should be fine on any speed setting, provided you play around with the threshold a bit.

Good to see you back!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

the idea sounds great, but i would have to change sliders every time i play a new team?

jesus.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »