Home

NBA Live 10 Q&A: Round Two

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Q&A: Round Two within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA Live 10 Q&A: Round Two

All right, so this time around, we're looking for questions that you all have as it relates to anything you've seen in any of the gameplay videos released or in any of the new previews that have been released.

If you have questions on those fronts, ask them and like last time, we will forward them along to EA to be answered.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Rookie

thesniper321's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 10 Q&A: Round Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
All right, so this time around, we're looking for questions that you all have as it relates to anything you've seen in any of the gameplay videos released or in any of the new previews that have been released.

If you have questions on those fronts, ask them and like last time, we will forward them along to EA to be answered.
Thanks Chase here is my question
about shot blocking can we pin on and grab the ball when blocking a layup or a dunk?
like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2zyWVieESg&feature=fvst
and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqHmv8aQe7Q
or simply this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAhiRp8CAoA
Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Chase i have a important question on if i wanted to view dwight howard stats in live 10. Will we be able to see how many points Kobe averaged in his rookie year or how many rebouds Dwight averaged in his rookie year. Do nba live have stats sheets like in madden or 2k

EXaMplE http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dwight_howard/index.html

Last edited by brownclown; 08-25-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

LOL I think I'm out of questions on these things. I want to know about the new modes they haven't talked about officially yet (as well as OTP), but that's about it. So much has been addressed in the gameplay blogs, previews, and videos released so far I don't even know where to start with gameplay questions.

Ooh, I got one: can a dev confirm the total number of plays available in the game (and/or note that it might change via DNA updates)? Chase mentioned 392 available to LAL in the demo, but is that cumulative? Including variations? What is the average number of team-specific plays available? I think Beluba/iminurbase said there were plays "in the high 400s" at one point, but again, is that total? Can we assign the Bulls playbook to the Spurs if we wanted to?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Will bench animations be tweaked better for certain situations? The videos show bench players getting too excited on not-so-exciting plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Ooh, I got one: can a dev confirm the total number of plays available in the game (and/or note that it might change via DNA updates)? Chase mentioned 392 available to LAL in the demo, but is that cumulative? Including variations? What is the average number of team-specific plays available? I think Beluba/iminurbase said there were plays "in the high 400s" at one point, but again, is that total? Can we assign the Bulls playbook to the Spurs if we wanted to?
Good question, I'll +1 this.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
Will bench animations be tweaked better for certain situations? The videos show bench players getting too excited on not-so-exciting plays.
Good question
Can this be fixed?
i would hate to see the bench get excited after a lay up(in the 1st quarter) lol
Old 08-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

Mine is about the defensive stars in the game:

Will the designated defensive stoppers move over to other positions to guard opposing star offensive players? I always hated how guys like Bruce Bowen would only ever cover other SF's even if the opposing star was playing SG etc. Say your playing against the Rockets and Bowen would be covering Battier at SF rather than switching over to guard TMac at the 2 etc....

Also will they do a better job of recognising stars and double teaming / denying the ball at times other then when they get "hot"? In the past live 09 they would double down on any low post player regardless of skill and i hear that has been improved but I would like to know if they are more intelligent for perimeter players?

Thanks for all the great info on both hoops game so far Chase!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »