Home

Old 08-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Robo QB?

My only big grip with this game is that the CPU seems to revert to Robo QB mode when I have pressure on the quarterback. I just played a game against the Pats (as the Jets) and Brady was 31-36, which would be fine considering Revis is injured so my only decent CB is Lito Sheppard (and they also never ran the ball, why that is I don't know) but I had pressure on Brady literally ALL GAME. Linemen, linebackers, my pass rush was unstoppable yet everytime I was about to make contact with Brady he would throw a perfect pass to a receiver.

I don't need a hundred sacks a game or to completely dominate Brady (that's unrealistic lol) but considering the pressure on him he shouldn't be able to make great pass after great pass throughout the game.

This is just an example as this type of thing has been going on all season for me, and the sliders don't seem to make a difference. I increased my pass defense and dropped the CPU passing but the same thing happens, as soon as I'm close he throws it away, perfectly. Again I'm not one of these people who expect a good thing to happen every play but atleast let me make some contact to cause one of the floppy throws or overthrow it or something.

Anybody have similar problems and/or fixes? Other than this the game works well.

Oh yea, and the CPU should run the ball more, but saying that is off topic and redundant at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Robo QB?

I played versus Brady last night. He threw 5 picks, 18/28 for 180 yards. I was in his face all game. All-Pro, with CPU QB accuracy set to 60. My issue is the other way: I wish the CPU would just accept the sack and quit throwing these desperation balls.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

OH you too? Wow! That makes....uhh.....mmm....everyone T_T
Old 08-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

I only experience a heavy dose of Robo-QB in their 2 minute no huddle must be the T-800 model
Old 08-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 36

well with Revis out with Brady would torch the Jets. He is a top 5 corner and without him Sheppard cant stop Moss and Lowery isnt very good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I am shocked nobody has posted yet how this is not a problem for them because they are the god of sacks, I will give it some more time. I unfortunately have the exact same problem. I have reverted to trying the stupid method of controlling the lineman and diving at the QB, in an effort to stop the throwing animation. I am quickly getting to the point of waiting for a patch before playing anymore.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Brady is annoying as hell to play against. In the three games I played against him with my Fins, he threw well over 150 times. I've yet to find a good way to pressure him, but if you manually press and cover Wes Welker, Brady will play like a deer in headlights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »