Home

HDMI Cables?

This is a discussion on HDMI Cables? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
HDMI Cables?

If I have dish network with a hdtv DVR and a ps3 along with a hdtv, do I need to have 2 separate HDMI cords? One for my ps3 and one for my hdtv dvr?

Sorry 4 posting here, but I love the Show and am trying to figure out how to set up my media center.......sounds like all of you know how to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 60
Re: HDMI Cables?

I've got my HDMI cable hooked up from the back of my PS3 to the back of my HDTV in HDMI slot 2. I have an optical cable (for my sound system) hooked from the back of my PS3 to my HDTV optical input.

You should have an HDMI cable going from your dish source into the back of your HDTV. I assume you have a box of some sorts? (I have one from my Time Warner Cable box to the back of my HDTV in HDMI slot 1).

When I want to watch tv I set it to slot 1. When I want to play my game I set it to slot 2.

That's the way I do it. If anyone has anything different.....
Old 08-25-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

ok so I need one hdmi cable going from ps3 to back of hdtv and a second hdmi cable going from my hd dvr box to my tv? 2 hdmi cables total?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 60

Well, I'm all thumbs when it comes to these types of things, but that's what I've done. Then you use your remote control to select the slot to determine if you're going to watch your t.v., or your PS3.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #5
TK-421

M11x's Arena

OVR: 8

I have Comcrap, I mean Comcast. The HD box that I use doesn't require an HDMI cord so I just use the Monster HDMI cord from the PS3 to my Sony TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkswagen3
I have Comcrap, I mean Comcast. The HD box that I use doesn't require an HDMI cord so I just use the Monster HDMI cord from the PS3 to my Sony TV.
Same here I hate Comcast...Cant wait to switch to DirecTV when I get my house.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-25-2009, 02:01 AM   #7
TK-421

M11x's Arena

OVR: 8

After thinking about this some more, I believe it depends on the brand/type of your HD receiver box. Comcast provided me with a Motorola brand HD receiver which has an HDMI plug-in but it doesn't seem to improve the 1080i picture while viewing any particular type of television show (sports, movies, etc.). I was told by the Comcast employee (literally sitting behind what appeared to be a bullet proof enclosure), that the particular box I have transmits HD quality without the need for and HDMI cord.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:09 AM   #8
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
If I have dish network with a hdtv DVR and a ps3 along with a hdtv, do I need to have 2 separate HDMI cords? One for my ps3 and one for my hdtv dvr?

Sorry 4 posting here, but I love the Show and am trying to figure out how to set up my media center.......sounds like all of you know how to do this.
you should be able to run hdmi individually from both as long as your tv has two hdmi inputs. question though is are you running your sound through any surround sound system and if so, will it let you run hdmi in through it?

other option is to get component cables for your ps3. i use both hdmi and component depending on what im doing. quality is still the same with component, though it seems slightly brighter through the component.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »