Home

Cheating A.I. cost me win

This is a discussion on Cheating A.I. cost me win within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Cheating A.I. cost me win

Seahawks (me) tied 27 all with Colts (CPU). Into overtime. I get possession. Working way upfield.

Called running play, get tackled, and down I go. But no, FUMBLE, Colts pick it up and take it all the way for a TD and I lose. Thing is it wasn't a fumble. Player was down. As you can't challenge in OT I thought the booth would review it, but no, next thing I saw was the teams coaches talking and the final score.

Checked the replay and player was definately down. I bet if it was other way about and I scord there wouldve been a review. Do the Devs not check these things? I feel cheated by it, just had to turn it off.
Has this happened anyone else? I really was enjoying Madden 10, but the more of these bugs that keep arising are just chipping that away bit by bit.

Last edited by ballymenasteve; 08-24-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Cheating A.I. cost me win

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballymenasteve
Seahawks (me) tied 27 all with Colts (CPU). Into overtime. I get possession. Working way upfield.

Called running play, get tackled, and down I go. But no, FUMBLE, Colts pick it up and take it all the way for a TD and I lose. Thing is it wasn't a fumble. Player was down. As you can't challenge in OT I thought the booth would review it, but no, next thing I saw was the teams coaches talking and the final score.

Checked the replay and player was definately down. I bet if it was other way about and I scord there wouldve been a review. Do the Devs not check these things? I feel cheated by it, just had to turn it off.
Has this happened anyone else? I really was enjoying Madden 10, but the more of these bugs that keep arising are just chipping that away bit by bit.
the challenging of plays in madden has never been right it needs a major overhaul IMO
Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

well you had no business winning that game anyways.

the way i see it, the AI was just trying to make you feel good. Like the way you make your girl or baby sister feel like they are actually good at something.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

This just happened tonight:

AFC Championship, Patriots (me) vs. Steelers.

Ok, I'm losing 23-24 with 10 seconds left, clock stopped, in field goal range. I have one timeout, so I call a run up the middle to get me a straighter field goal. I take a timeout with two seconds left, but, (this is actually the first time the CPU tried to cheat me) at 3 seconds, i tried to use the back button to call timeout, but it didn't work, so thank god i pressed pause real quick and did it from the start menu. Anyway, so 2 seconds left, I kick the field goal, ITS GOOD, wait...flag on the field. Holding on me. What the **** do you know. Who the **** holds on a field goal, let alone, who the hell calls it with no time left?

The whole thing just felt cheap, so, as you can imagine because the penalty was on me, the clock expired and my 15-1 season vanished because of cheating AI.

I guess you could make the argument that that could legitimately happen, but it just felt cheap how the game tried to cheat me out of not being able to call a timeout, and then that. I think I got like 2 holding calls on me all season, including that.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

the AZ Cards from SB 43 feel your pain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

2 minutes left. dwon by 14. Eagles on their 30.

They win in overtime.

Dam feels so cheated.

The human player was just too good
Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

first of all, the back button to call a timeout often takes a few seconds to process... its always been risky to use it as the clock is winding down

secondly, holding on FG's is a known issue w/ Madden... its not like the game tried to screw you over by having it happen because you were winning, its just bad programming... not that that excuses it, but dont act like it was the game cheating to stop you from winning

if holding on FG's bothers ppl so much (and understandable if it does) then why dont you just bring a backtrack in the game and use it if one of the games well known programming errors kicks in... i wouldnt say that takes away the realism, because holding on FG's happens a ridiculous amount in this game, its a known flaw... just consider it evening things out, problem solved
Old 08-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

^^^^^You mean rewind? I use that for just these situations. Also, turn down holding penalty to 50 or less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »