Home

So this adaptive AI

This is a discussion on So this adaptive AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
So this adaptive AI

I cannot believe im the one starting this thread but,

If I recall at community day it only took two or three times of running the same play before the cpu caught on and was shutting you down in a heartbeat.

Now I can run the same play all the way down the field, and so can morons online without fail.

Now is this a patchable issue or is this just something that is going to stay broken

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 06:01 AM   #2
Rookie

Blake1288's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: So this adaptive AI

I'm hoping, as are you, that this is patch-able.

Although, just don't call the same plays; online, you're kinda screwed.

I had the same play ran on me for three straight drives and couldn't stop it until he got into the red-zone.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

I think I read something on this issue maybe pasta Padre or EA forums ?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, Adaptive A.I. is not the gamechanger I thought it would be. HOWEVER, that could be a reflection of how I play the game (often mix up play calls). But I swear I do call some of the same plays and it doesn't seem the AI is adapting. Perhaps I'm just not paying attention.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

What is adaptive AI's job ?

Is it to take a specific route away thats being ran on the defense alot, or is it trying to match the best defensive play against a specific "play" thats being called on you alot ?

Sometimes you can have a play call that should stop a play, but not have the personel to run it.

Man D can be used to stop a crossing route IF you have a CB that can run with the WR. If not you will keep getting roasted with that route even though a man Defense CAN be a appropriate call to stop it. So does the "adaptive AI" take that into consideration when calling a play to counter a play ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

NCAA has it, Madden doesn't seem to.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

I know I sound like a broken record, possibly trollish and undeniably negative. 80 to 90% of the stuff in those blogs, did not make it into the final game. I go back and read a blog and put the final product of what was promised in those blogs under the microscope and its not a 1 + 1 = 2 its more like, blog =/= final product which is sad. The blogs sold me, the reassuring rebuttals to posted video discrepencies coaxed me along, his tireless experimentation posting stats of his findings and fixes.

The game is enjoyable, but the blogs are a work of fiction or should I say based on a true story.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
What is adaptive AI's job ?

Is it to take a specific route away thats being ran on the defense alot, or is it trying to match the best defensive play against a specific "play" thats being called on you alot ?

Sometimes you can have a play call that should stop a play, but not have the personel to run it.

Man D can be used to stop a crossing route IF you have a CB that can run with the WR. If not you will keep getting roasted with that route even though a man Defense CAN be a appropriate call to stop it. So does the "adaptive AI" take that into consideration when calling a play to counter a play ?
No it does not.

The biggest problem with the AI is that it's very first decision is wrong. It does not pick a defense personnel package based on what offense you choose. It picks based on the down and distance. So if you come out with 5 WR on first down, it most likely will respond with a 4-3 look. If you come out in goalline, it comes out in the 4-3 again.

If the very first decision is wrong, how can I have any faith anything else works?

And no, this doesn't work in NCAA either. I routinely come out in 5 WR and face 4-3 defenses. What a shame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »