Home

Old 08-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Scarn Paper

I just finished up my first franchise as Detroit (Beat the Pats in SB44 28-25! All Pro, just fyi). So I'm on the sponsorship screen, looking at what is offered for my team, and I notice "Scarn Paper". Being a HUGE fan of The Office, the first thing that pops into my head is Michael Scarn. One of the devs PLEASE tell me that this was done on purpose!!! Or maybe I'm just a crazy Office fan, making stuff up. Either way, I got a good laugh out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Scarn Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoddx
Beat the Pats in SB44 28-25!.
MBN..i cant get a realistic CPU game to save my life
Old 08-24-2009, 05:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Blake1288's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
MBN..i cant get a realistic CPU game to save my life
This, also, I too have my stadium sponsored by Scarn Paper; although, I didn't look into as much as you did.

Nevertheless, good find, man.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:44 AM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

THAT'S AWESOME!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #5
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea I was checking out sponsorships and Scarn Papper Company gave me a good chuckle, now if I see Schrute Beet Farms I'm jumping on that sponsorship deal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

That was the first thing that I thought of when I saw the sponsorship offer. I currently have one from Vandelay World Bank ($25M if I make it to the SB as the Cowboys), but I don't know if that's a reference to anything.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
That was the first thing that I thought of when I saw the sponsorship offer. I currently have one from Vandelay World Bank ($25M if I make it to the SB as the Cowboys), but I don't know if that's a reference to anything.
Seinfield reference... sweet

George uses the fake name "Art Vandelay" on multiple occasions (either for himself, or for someone else... ex: when asked who his favorite author is he replies with Art Vandelay because he doesnt read... and in one episode he pretends he works for Vandelay Industries (which is also made up)

the judge in the series finale actually is named Arthur Vandelay, which george thinks is a good luck sign lol
Old 08-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoddx
I just finished up my first franchise as Detroit (Beat the Pats in SB44 28-25! All Pro, just fyi). So I'm on the sponsorship screen, looking at what is offered for my team, and I notice "Scarn Paper". Being a HUGE fan of The Office, the first thing that pops into my head is Michael Scarn. One of the devs PLEASE tell me that this was done on purpose!!! Or maybe I'm just a crazy Office fan, making stuff up. Either way, I got a good laugh out of it.
Who's Michael Scarn? Because The Office character's name is actually Micheal Scott.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »