Home

Old 08-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Heeeellllp!

OK. I'm thinking the reason I have so much trouble running the ball is simply because I play with the Lions. I don't hit the sprint trigger until I'm through the hole, and I follow my blockers, but I'll take any tips anyone has. Of more concern to me is the fact that I have NEVER won a "fight for the fumble." Are my fingers just not fast enough? I swear, sometimes I tap the buttons so hard I think I may have a stroke. Thanks for any tips you can offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Heeeellllp!

first of all set the player skill to pro and CPU slider to 100 in everything. this is because the blockers will actually block for you and they are aware of what is happening.if you play on all-pro and all-madden then the blockers don't block for you, they let the computer tackle you, and when there in there blocks they let go after a second and it's all messed up.

if you don't believe me then watch versuz2 videos on youtube and he will explain it for you.

also i use the running play called hb power o, there are tons of them. this play is good because it lets you bounce to the outside, and the linebackers get caught in the middle so they cant tackle you and you will have blockers in front of you if someone gets free to tackle you there is some help by your blockers.this works well with fast elusive runners.

another thing i won most of my fight for the fumble, to win it u need to just look at the button and concentrate and press them fast but don't smash the button, so focus on the button and press it fast and calmly.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWarcry
OK. I'm thinking the reason I have so much trouble running the ball is simply because I play with the Lions. I don't hit the sprint trigger until I'm through the hole, and I follow my blockers, but I'll take any tips anyone has. Of more concern to me is the fact that I have NEVER won a "fight for the fumble." Are my fingers just not fast enough? I swear, sometimes I tap the buttons so hard I think I may have a stroke. Thanks for any tips you can offer.
I also play with the Lions so Ill give you my two cents.

1) The Detroit line is very bad. Therefore, I suggest running with a fullback and maybe an extra tight end. There are many plays like this in the middle of the playbook if you search for inside running plays.

2) Establish a play action. Run a lot of short play action plays to counteract any run blitz you might see, and this will help open up the field anymore.

3) Once you have dominated the middle, try a toss play. I prefer the HB crack I think it is because of its blocking scheme, but that way you can just mix it up.

Ive noticed the computer in this game is very alert to tendancies, so you need to make sure you balance out your run/pass.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have had no real success with any RBs under about 87 rating. If I remember right, the starter on the Lions is 80. Get a better RB. Heck, get Lendale White and you can rumble along at 4 miles per hour just fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »