Home

intresting house rule i came up with

This is a discussion on intresting house rule i came up with within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
intresting house rule i came up with

since ive been spending the better part of the last two months in europe while rarely having internet on my labtop, ive been playing football manager 2009(soccer) once a week or so, and one thing i liked was that instead of giving players an overall rating, it instead rated players on individual skills and lets the user decide which player is better

what i was thinking, was that when setting up your team philosophies, set everything to ones that you find useless. for me that would be mobile QB, recieving RB, speed WR, blocking TE, size/strength OL, and prototypical D

then, you can sign players by sorting by individual attributes and guessing on your own who fits better. because for me, a lot of times, i have player x starting over player z because x has a higher overall, when in reality z fits my scheme better even though he has a lower overall in my philosophy.

also, and most importantly, seeing as the AI doesnt seem to value potential ratings(at least to me), it makes it even harder to judge the potential of say, a 7th round DT. (because a prototypical DT is imo useless as a parameter to judge overall) this DT might have low stats overall, but because of his size be a high overall, which i would ignore anyway. the hard part would be deciding whether to keep the player or not because i dont know if he will improve or not(irl no one sees potential ratings) and makes cut day 10x harder

sorry for making it long, but i hope the idea is clear
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: intresting house rule i came up with

Impressive ... I think I'll give this a shot..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »