Home

Chicago Bears Roster Updates

This is a discussion on Chicago Bears Roster Updates within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Chicago Bears Roster Updates

I was wondering what other updates you guys think Da Bears need?

From EA's Updated roster (these are off the top of my head, i am just bored at work):

* Create Lance Louis - LT
* Remove Jason Davis - FB ..... These happen because the Bears do not meet the require minimum # of Tackles

* Caleb Haine - QB ... needs to be raised OVR to 62 (the 45 is way to low....he has performed well in preseason, this year and last)

* The OLB Race is between Tinoisamoa, Roach, and Jamar Williams - Leave Tino, & Roach, and put Jamar 2pts behind Roach

* DJ Moore -CB still needs lowered to 64

* Zachary Bowman -CB needs to be raised to 72 (just short of what Vasher is)

* Al Afalava SS - needs to get raised to 70

* Remove Michael Gaines TE
* Sign Kellen Davis TE

* WR need adjusted so depth is Hester (75), Bennett (72), Rideau (68), Rashied Davis (67), Inglesias (65), Knox (60...with 96 spd)

* DT depth should be Harris(91), Adams (78), Harrison (76), Dvoracek (72), Gilbert (68 OVR)

* I cant remember exactly how FS was ordered, but Manning should be ahead of Bullocks

These are the ones i can think off the top of my head (i am bored at work). For those Bears fans (or anyone), What else you think? I know there are a lot of others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Chicago Bears Roster Updates

Wow. I practically changed the ratings somewhat to what you have.

Bowman at 71
Hanie at 64
I raised Wolfe's speed to 93
Mannings speed as well to 94
I also raised Kevin Jones a few points

Lowered Moore to 63
Re-signed Kellen Davis
Old 08-24-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcb-santana
Wow. I practically changed the ratings somewhat to what you have.

Bowman at 71
Hanie at 64
I raised Wolfe's speed to 93
Mannings speed as well to 94
I also raised Kevin Jones a few points

Lowered Moore to 63
Re-signed Kellen Davis
after the first update, Michael Gaines replaced Kellen Davis and Davis does not exist...and definately need to have DA (Aromashodu) added to the next update...ANyone know when they are planning on releasing updates...weekly like in the past?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

after watching Forte against the Giants, his speed needs to be increased. he was originally 90 in the spreadsheets EA released. he's an 88 in-game and online.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I didn't see anything that would lead me to think Forte is any faster than he is in the game.

As far as updates, until the final rosters are set, we likely wont get anything near an accurate roster. And I would bet, that the season will start before we do. Depending on when teams release their final rosters, and when EA does their updates.

And even then, bet they mess it up somehow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

mrgoodkat... if u didn't see anything from that 32 yd td run, maybe this will help... remember the season opener from last year when Forte outran Bob Sanders on that 50 yd td run? Bob Sanders is a mid to upper 4.3 40 yd dash guy with 92 speed in Madden, and Forte is low to mid 4.4 guy.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

He is fast for his size, but I don't think he needs to be upped in game. Many RB's have had their rating lowered, as they have really re-did the ratings entirely. I like it. More depth now. Every RB isnt a 90+, yet still very effective if they have size and moves.

That particular run Sat, as I'm sure you saw, was a result, good blocking, where he could have crawled 40yds into the EZ. So I don't know how that shows he should have been faster in M-10.

His first TD run, was much more impressive. But having just watched it, Forte had a good ten yards on Sanders before he started his pursuit. And if Sanders had another 30yds to work with, he would have probably caught him.

about 30 seconds in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1De4...om=PL&index=40

No reason to argue though. This is going to be a fun season. But I dont think the Bears are a SB team.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan1509
I was wondering what other updates you guys think Da Bears need?

From EA's Updated roster (these are off the top of my head, i am just bored at work):

* Create Lance Louis - LT
* Remove Jason Davis - FB ..... These happen because the Bears do not meet the require minimum # of Tackles

* Caleb Haine - QB ... needs to be raised OVR to 62 (the 45 is way to low....he has performed well in preseason, this year and last)

* The OLB Race is between Tinoisamoa, Roach, and Jamar Williams - Leave Tino, & Roach, and put Jamar 2pts behind Roach

* DJ Moore -CB still needs lowered to 64

* Zachary Bowman -CB needs to be raised to 72 (just short of what Vasher is)

* Al Afalava SS - needs to get raised to 70

* Remove Michael Gaines TE
* Sign Kellen Davis TE

* WR need adjusted so depth is Hester (75), Bennett (72), Rideau (68), Rashied Davis (67), Inglesias (65), Knox (60...with 96 spd)

* DT depth should be Harris(91), Adams (78), Harrison (76), Dvoracek (72), Gilbert (68 OVR)

* I cant remember exactly how FS was ordered, but Manning should be ahead of Bullocks

These are the ones i can think off the top of my head (i am bored at work). For those Bears fans (or anyone), What else you think? I know there are a lot of others.

Some of these ratings changes, I personally dont agree with... Haine has never played a professional game, and so far his preseason stats are against 2nd and 3rd string players... not a good measuring stick.. I moved forte's speed to an 89, and moved his acceleration up to around 94-95...Dvoracek is hurt for the year, so he needs to be removed..having hester at a 75 is too high as well.. he hasnt had more than 60 catches a season and is still learning the position... afalava has only played in preseason so its hard to give him a 70... i like bowmans rating at a 72... he has impressed against #1 players, unlike the rest of the people you mentioned..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »