Home

Protest towards the NO STORY RULING in the Hockey secton

This is a discussion on Protest towards the NO STORY RULING in the Hockey secton within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 03:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Protest towards the NO STORY RULING in the Hockey secton

I posted here so Milenium would see this

------------------------------------------------------

This is directed at Millenium

This is a PEACEFUL protest towards the ruling about no back stories to our Dynasty/BAGM/BAP/BATG ect.

I mean, take a look at all the other fourms, Ill bet all of the other sports dynasty fourms have Story Fourms, and Ill bet there is some flaming.

I do agree, the fourm in question was way overboard. But I do belive, if that you give the community as a whole another chance at writing, you will find out that, the incident was 1 in a million.

I also do not belive that banning people is a resolutoin towards cleaning these fourms up.

In the end, we want our privilage of speach back. Now 98% of the population here is too scared to speak, in fear of getting banned.

So please consider the following.

kyle1778

P.S Millenium, after you see this, feel free to lock this topic and post in the hockey section

Last edited by Kyle1778; 08-21-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 03:34 AM   #2
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Protest towards the NO STORY RULING in the Hockey secton

I am not an active Hockey Forum member, but the thread was brought to my attention earlier yesterday and did think maybe the move was a bit overboard. I have been an admin on a forum before, and ran In-Game guilds and such for a few years.

I do think banning said person was justisified but maybe a temperary ban. But taking one persons fault and making the other thousand people who use this forum properly penaltized forever isn't exactly proper.

Also to be quiet honest I don't see how banning such rule from one part of the forum makes sence, as it is allowed in other sections, blocking it in one would not solute the issue sicne people do not only use the Hockey section.

This is just my opinion. I am personally more active in the Football Dynasty Forum so this is more from a bystander's viewpoint.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah I just checked it out at the hockey forums, I haven't been there for a while, and yeah, it is overblown, a lot. I have a BAP that now I don't wanna continue anymore because of. I mean, some of the best BAPs here have great off the ice moments. It's a real shame.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 08-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
Ice Cold

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Just saw that thread...all I have to say is wow. What those guys were saying was totally uncalled for and should have no place anywhere.
But I do think that it was an isolated situation and OS should allow back stories, but maybe set up some do's and don'ts on what is acceptable for back stories.
I don't know..just a suggestion. I'm not at all active on the hockey forums, so it doesn't affect me. I really do believe this situation was an isolated case and the community shouldn't be punished for what a few people said(as wrong as those things they said were)
So that's how I stand on the situation, but then again I'm not a mod or anything so I have no control over what happens in this kind of thing.
Peace
Old 08-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the idea was that they were too much on story, not enough on stats and stuff. And that is true.

I think a good example was the linebacker story one. A little story here and there, some big events (the draft), but enough games too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

You posted this over in the hockey forums. No need to post it over here.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
Rookie

This is so Millenium would see this, He isnt a frequent in the Hockey section. And he can close it if he wishes
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
Rookie

*Ahem* Bump *Ahem*

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »