Home

Is anyone else a fan of the "Pro Setting - CPU Skills 100"?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else a fan of the "Pro Setting - CPU Skills 100"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
Is anyone else a fan of the "Pro Setting - CPU Skills 100"?

I saw this being suggested alot both on the general board here and on GameFAQs. It seems that if you put the setting as "pro" for the user, and then move the CPU Skills all up to 100, you get excellent games.

I just tried this out with 12 min quarters 15 second run off in my Giants chise, and lost 37-34 to Tampa Bay on the final play. It was probably one of the best games Ive ever played on Madden. If these types of games continue, I gotta say that these sliders may actually be the best ones Ive used.

Anyone else try this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Is anyone else a fan of the "Pro Setting - CPU Skills 100"?

No. The theory is good, but that's not the way the sliders work.

As for playing the best game you had, a lot of people claim that with various slider sets. I think the game (statistically at least) has a lot of variance and gives an average of good results for the most part, regardless of what slider changes you make.

The game also plays great when you ZERO out the CPU/User sliders except for QB Accuracy and WR Catching
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I saw a video on this after my brother recommended it and at first it seemed to be really true. Linemen were picking up blocks and players seemed to play smarter -- but my only problem was that I could consistently throw to Randy Moss on a deep route and he would catch it against the Giants secondary almost every time.

I also like to play on 15 min 25 sec run off and the scores are too high with those settings.

It's definitely got some promise but I don't think it's that easy to make the game "perfect."
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

It doesn't work. You'll eventually adjust your play calling and start destroying the CPU.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

This worked for me for one game, then I started to annihilate the CPU. So now I've got it set to All-Pro with the CPU set to 100. I've lost a game in OT, and won a game on a last-second FG with these sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

The best games I've played have been with these sliders...but I've only played 2 games with them. The biggest problem I see up to this point is the passing game being too easy and the running game being too hard. Overall pretty good though. Extended play time it sounds like they break down which is unfortunate.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I did this but with All-Pro instead of Pro and had the best Madden 10 game yet, with realistic stats and all. I had big troubles getting my running game going, but a single turnover changed the game in my favor by 6 points. Also no HUGE ridiculous plays, had 3-4 20+ plays but none went to the house.

Final score Cowboys(Me) 28 - Colts(CPU) 22.

I think I'm going to roll with this and tweak it as I go along if there's a need.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

On pro, the human and CPU running game doesn't hit real stat marks. It's too difficult. And the throwing game is just a little too good-- very close though.

At all pro, you can't run at all, but the CPU running game is better. But you start getting towards robo QB with the CPU. I think there is probably a way to adjust the all-pro CPU sliders to making user running better and scale back the CPU QB success-- haven't found that happy medium yet though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »