Home

'Great Jump' Key to getting more sacks?

This is a discussion on 'Great Jump' Key to getting more sacks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Icon5 'Great Jump' Key to getting more sacks?

Ok sorry if this is a dumb question it might just be that im a noob, but I was playing madden 10 and at the beginning of one passing play it said at the bottom of the screen 'great jump' and i exploded around the right tackle for the sack. I have not been able to do this since. So my question to you is:Is there some way to jump the snap? if so please explain how and if not why did it say this at the bottom of the screen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 'Great Jump' Key to getting more sacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lMl-Michael-lWl
Ok sorry if this is a dumb question it might just be that im a noob, but I was playing madden 10 and at the beginning of one passing play it said at the bottom of the screen 'great jump' and i exploded around the right tackle for the sack. I have not been able to do this since. So my question to you is:Is there some way to jump the snap? if so please explain how and if not why did it say this at the bottom of the screen?
There's a random animation where Evil Knievel jumps the stadium during the game, but you can't see it without broadcast cam. That's all.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayter
There's a random animation where Evil Knievel jumps the stadium during the game, but you can't see it without broadcast cam. That's all.
what the..?

to the op, i haven't ever seen that. i've had trouble getting good jumps and have had to make up for it later in the play with dline moves. what console are you on? maybe we're both noobs ha
Old 08-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've never seen the 'great jump' thing but I have gotten amazing jumps, amazing in that I wasn't called offsides... but I usually pull up trying not to get called. Last night I thought I jumped so bad with my DT that it wasn't even worth saving, as it turns out I killed the LG and sacked the qb for a 5 yard loss.

If you time it well I think it will help a lot. But then again I could see myself being able to time the snap nearly every time if i chose to learn how...
Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
Banned

Icon5 Re: 'Great Jump' Key to getting more sacks?

Yea I only saw this once. It was on ps3 and I was using the eagles LE (Juqua Parker) and I kinda Pressed the Analog stick and all of a sudden at the bottom of the screen in Red (where it would normally say Penalty) it said 'GREAT JUMP' and I totally just blew by the RT and owned Brett Favre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

madden 09?...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 08-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lMl-Michael-lWl
Yea I only saw this once. It was on ps3 and I was using the eagles LE (Juqua Parker) and I kinda Pressed the Analog stick and all of a sudden at the bottom of the screen in Red (where it would normally say Penalty) it said 'GREAT JUMP' and I totally just blew by the RT and owned Brett Favre.
I support this post. Go Birds.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
Banned

Angry Re: 'Great Jump' Key to getting more sacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
madden 09?...
Ok I rarely insult people but you are definately the dumbest person iv met on these forums. You think i dont know what game im playing? Its madden 10 for the ps3 Gtho of here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »