Home

OD Recruiting priority glitch?

This is a discussion on OD Recruiting priority glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

Paytonno1son's Arena

OVR: 2
OD Recruiting priority glitch?

Need a little help or some discussion.

I am the commishiner of a OD. I am Florida and one of my friends is Michigan. It is currently week 8 and he has 2 recruits and I have 12. His contention is that since I recruit right away after I advance is the reason I have better & more commits. My thought was the recruiting doesn't get uploaded to the dynasty server until I advance for the week. I could be wrong. It got even worse this week when I took one of his Soft commits. Anyone else have any problems like this or is it just because an unranked Michigan doesn't carry as much appeal as a #1 Florida team?

TIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Merih's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: OD Recruiting priority glitch?

No the only advantage one gets from doing their recruiting before someone else in an OD is scheduling visits before the other person can. Everything else is decided during advancement...meaning that no matter who speaks to the player first the impact in weighed during advancement. I think this is just a case of Florida outrecruiting Michigan, which shouldn't be a big surprise.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merih
No the only advantage one gets from doing their recruiting before someone else in an OD is scheduling visits before the other person can.
This isn't true, even though I think it should be. If 2 users invite a kid for the same week, he'll visit them both during the same week. In one of my ODs, 1 kid visited ND, Michigan, and Oklahoma during week 3 because we all invited him and the game doesn't update that until the advance.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Merih's Arena

OVR: 3

Lol weird...I guess then that there is no advantage to doing your stuff first.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

I think it would be awesome if you could convince a recruit to not visit another school in a certain week and visit you instead. But yeah, right now the player just visits any user who invites him that week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
Rookie

Paytonno1son's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
No the only advantage one gets from doing their recruiting before someone else in an OD is scheduling visits before the other person can. Everything else is decided during advancement...meaning that no matter who speaks to the player first the impact in weighed during advancement. I think this is just a case of Florida outrecruiting Michigan, which shouldn't be a big surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This isn't true, even though I think it should be. If 2 users invite a kid for the same week, he'll visit them both during the same week. In one of my ODs, 1 kid visited ND, Michigan, and Oklahoma during week 3 because we all invited him and the game doesn't update that until the advance.
Thanks guys. This is pretty much what I was thinking. It would be a nice feature to persaude a recruit to not visit a competitors school.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #7
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonno1son
Need a little help or some discussion.

I am the commishiner of a OD. I am Florida and one of my friends is Michigan. It is currently week 8 and he has 2 recruits and I have 12. His contention is that since I recruit right away after I advance is the reason I have better & more commits. My thought was the recruiting doesn't get uploaded to the dynasty server until I advance for the week. I could be wrong. It got even worse this week when I took one of his Soft commits. Anyone else have any problems like this or is it just because an unranked Michigan doesn't carry as much appeal as a #1 Florida team?

TIA
The advantage is Florida's pipeline players blow away Michigan's. Michigan has sucked lately and even with that they still have great school ratings. Week 8 and only 2 recruits at a 5* historical school like Michigan tells me your friend isn't that good at recruiting. Sounds like he quick calls and spreads his time out over 35 players rather than concentrating on a few.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

save the game under a different save file

switch teams

see if michigan now has an advantage

case closed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »