Home

Few Things I noticed In Franchise

This is a discussion on Few Things I noticed In Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Few Things I noticed In Franchise

With the 2nd roster update I noticed a few things in Franchise. Overall let me say it has been a good experience. I've been playing 15 minute quarters with 25 second speed up. I also play all 32 teams but because of that I ran into the first problem.

For some reason, or that I dont know how to yet. You cant play any game you want. For example I wanted to play as Atlanta first but because of that all the games before it got simmed which is something I dont want if Im playing all 32 teams. So what I had to do was play Patriots Vs Eagles first and then guess which game came next. If I was wrong I would watch it sim in order to find out which game came next that I HAD to do. Its not a huge problem but a little annoying and I know I'm not the only person playing as all 32 teams.

2nd Comebacks seemed a little to easy in the 4th quarter. I was playing a game down by 18 and ended up losing by 3. Also I was playing against the Ravens Defense so its not like they would choke up so easily or it would be easy to score 15 points so quick

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Few Things I noticed In Franchise

on the ps3 when controlling multiple teams the team icon is at the bottom with either r1 or r2 beside you hold that down and scroll up or down to choose what game to play. sure the xbox is similar but i don't know the buttons.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcef2005
For some reason, or that I dont know how to yet. You cant play any game you want. For example I wanted to play as Atlanta first but because of that all the games before it got simmed which is something I dont want if Im playing all 32 teams.

Yup, you have to play or sim them in order, kinda limiting.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Can't you just go to League Schedule and play them in order from there?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Not that I know of, because this year they only show the games your team plays. Or the team your controlling at the time plays. And also if you use R1 to switch to a different team, you still have to play in order or it will sim all the other user controlled team games which makes no sense. Why would you sim games if other users control that team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcef2005
With the 2nd roster update I noticed a few things in Franchise. Overall let me say it has been a good experience. I've been playing 15 minute quarters with 25 second speed up. I also play all 32 teams but because of that I ran into the first problem.

For some reason, or that I dont know how to yet. You cant play any game you want. For example I wanted to play as Atlanta first but because of that all the games before it got simmed which is something I dont want if Im playing all 32 teams. So what I had to do was play Patriots Vs Eagles first and then guess which game came next. If I was wrong I would watch it sim in order to find out which game came next that I HAD to do. Its not a huge problem but a little annoying and I know I'm not the only person playing as all 32 teams.

2nd Comebacks seemed a little to easy in the 4th quarter. I was playing a game down by 18 and ended up losing by 3. Also I was playing against the Ravens Defense so its not like they would choke up so easily or it would be easy to score 15 points so quick

Any thoughts?
If you want to see which game you play next go to the league news option and i believe underneath standings there is a option to see league schedule. My buddy and I need to check it each week to make sure we dont sim through the other persons game. Kind of stupid that the game sims even user controlled team games but I guess it allows for the half time show to have something to show. Hope this helps.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you go to the league schedule you can see the times for each game and play them in order. But what is kinda dumb is that you can sim the games out of order. You could sim the monday night game before you ever play the sunday games and the sunday games wont sim. But if you try to play one out of order the rest get simmed. Its annoying when trying to play franchise using all teams or with more then one person.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by muktownballer33
If you want to see which game you play next go to the league news option and i believe underneath standings there is a option to see league schedule. My buddy and I need to check it each week to make sure we dont sim through the other persons game. Kind of stupid that the game sims even user controlled team games but I guess it allows for the half time show to have something to show. Hope this helps.
Nice I'll have to check that out, I guess I'm still getting used to the new franchise layout. But yeah simming is weird this year but a league schedule should help save that problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »