Home

In Madden 10: Sim Style wins!!!

This is a discussion on In Madden 10: Sim Style wins!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
In Madden 10: Sim Style wins!!!

I just had to tell someone my course of events in playing tonight. In all of my recent Online Madden Games I've been getting great games with minimal cheese, and some very good sim games. Today I think the madden Gods wanted to test me, and sent the mozzarella at me.

I played the wildcat abuser, I played the guy that throws to the flats non stop, I played the guy that runs like 4 money plays and expects them to work all game, I played the no-huddle 19 audible 15 hot-route guy ( I mean the good lord gave us plays, use them), I played a guy who successfully pulled off a few nanos, I played people who had no football sense and just stayed in quarters, 1-5-5 or dollar D all game, I played the scrambler and throw to WR on comeback route, I played them all today name the BS I played it. And the best part was that I won them all. The real world football knowledge won out. They may have gotten off a few things, but with the combination of my old-school user game, and my football knowledge, it was a good day of cheddar stomping.

The best part is when a tourny style, freestyle, whatever they call themselves, came in my Online Franchise Chat room after stomping some of my members. He was ranting and raving how the difference is that he plays for money and he plays for real and we just play for fun and he's a pro yada yada and yada. So I play the guy, and his first play is HB direct snap, no huddle, WR screen, no huddle WR screen, TD. Then on D, he had some nano style blitzes that got crazy pressure. I ended up punting but stopped him. I then started abusing his blitz with wheel routes. Then I was showing him much love in the running game. All in all, his ill-Eagles were put to bed by dem Cowboys. He was on his toes all game, because I ran a different play almost every snap. I only repeated two or three plays.

This was all thanks to the massive improvements made this year. Usually I play madden for a month and give up because I only play online. But the ability to play real football and be successful is a good feeling when you're playing someone who plays like a fat teenage virgin. EA, this one is for you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 02:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: In Madden 10: Sim Style wins!!!

Well said. I understand what you are saying cause i hate people that don't play realistic football and i DONT play online! for this reason. Im more of a SIM player.

Keep it up, man. I'm sure you're going to own a lot of cheesers!

cheers
Old 08-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Rookie

fatheifer's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree. I hate when people cheese. But just wait until Vick gets put on the Eagles today. Oh God.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm with ya man. I must admit that my first several games for madden 10 were off-line and I got stomped. I am typically an online player, so i was tentative about getting online after the CPU was tearing me up. I went online anyway... This past Saturday about midnite.

What i found online were players with a severe lack of strategy. I started my games by testing my running game. When I saw overcommittment, I'd check off to a quick pass. On D I played bend don't break. never over committing to anything and using a variation of zone and man. next thing I knew... I was 5-0 online using play now. I took down some guys who had winning records. I've since lost a couple games and I am sure i will continue to lose. No big deal. The big deal is in the fact that strategy is a distinct advantage this year. It's has always had impact... but never more than this year. Good times ahead
Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I played about 8 games today and ive also seen a lot of stuff you mentioned. One guy picked the saints, he kept running the same wildcat play over and over but I had him by 21 so when he started moving the ball using the wildcat it didn't worry me much. I played against the pats, the guy ran the same plays over and over against my helpless titans defense, he went for two point conversions, never punted on 4th downs, and etc but still lost....lol.

I rather put up with the cheesers if i had more time to work with on the clock. The acc. clock kind of kills the online for me because it keeps running thru out the whole game even after the 2nd minute warning. I've lost a couple games against the cpu(opponents disconnected) because i ended up running out of time. You'd think with one t.o. and 50secs thats enough time to score a fg or td but its not.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 AM   #6
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

I dont know if this works for online play but if you pause the game and go to coaching options, then go to player assignment. Well the player assignments are all automatic, if you assign like a MLB to the RB or the WILL LB to the full back, well then IMO they cover tighter, especially on the flats. Give it a go and see if you see a change.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:45 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

that is skills, im not an online guy, but to hear that the REAL players can play with each other and stomp the cheesers is a big thing for this franchise
Old 08-19-2009, 02:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
that is skills, im not an online guy, but to hear that the REAL players can play with each other and stomp the cheesers is a big thing for this franchise

I played in the Elite room. Ran into some chessers the past two day. i only use the Raiders so people think its a easy win. sometimes it is. Well some guy had SD and ran no huddle ALL game. after 11 ints all returned for tds he still didnt stop..lol. tonight some guy picked the Cards. he got the opening td, i then ripped off 21 str8 points.. he then asked for a friendly quit... YEAH RIGHT. Nice to see i can play str8 up this yr and get some wins

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »