Home

Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's

This is a discussion on Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's

Looking over Pat White's ratings, I saw that his accuracy is actually higher than some starting QB's. Every single one of his accuracy ratings is higher than Jamarcus Russel's which, honestly, is a joke. And I'm not saying this out of any Raider homerism; I will be first to tell you that Russel is easily, at this point, a bottom 5 starter in the league.

With that said, there is no way Pat White should be rated higher than him, or any starting QB for that matter. I made this observation before his preseason game today, mind you (2/7, 14 yards and an INT).

I've noticed that, for some reason, rookies are always SO overrated in Madden. It happens every year, and this year is no exception (see Mark Sanchez's ratings, which has his accuracy in the 80's, competing with middle-top tier QB's). I feel like they rate rookies based on what they did in college than rather comparing them with other NFL players, which is a horrible mistake, considering a guy like Pat White is a prototypical player who has success in college but flounders in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's

What if actually does have better accuracy... Pat White looks like he actually could be decent in the NFL.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
MVP

Well, if he does, then my point is moot. But let's face it, he doesn't. He was in an offense where he didn't even throw for 2,000 yards once in college and just ran options and scrambled. He was drafted specifically to run the wildcat.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 12

I still can't get over this BS. Why IS Jamarcus' accuracy so fricken low. EA really has something against Oakland
Old 08-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

His throw accuracy is only 72 and he put up 3 consecutive years of 66% completion. If you even watched Pat White in college for a couple games you could see he was accurate enough to warrant a 72 and imo even higher.

Jarmarcus Russel on the other hand put up 50, 57, and 67 in his college days. And in the pros 2 years of 54 PERCENT. LOL

I find it ironic that you say "Pat White is a prototypical player who has success in college but flounders in the NFL" when that sounds even more like Russel. So quit crying about your overrated bust QB who has proved NOTHING.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Slaton #1 Fan
His throw accuracy is only 72 and he put up 3 consecutive years of 66% completion. If you even watched Pat White in college for a couple games you could see he was accurate enough to warrant a 72 and imo even higher.

Jarmarcus Russel on the other hand put up 50, 57, and 67 in his college days. And in the pros 2 years of 54 PERCENT. LOL

I find it ironic that you say "Pat White is a prototypical player who has success in college but flounders in the NFL" when that sounds even more like Russel. So quit crying about your overrated bust QB who has proved NOTHING.
This isn't even about Russell. He's the worst starter in the NFL, there's no secret about that. But this is exactly my point. You're taking college stats and trying to translate it into the NFL. That's not how it works.

Pat White threw for higher percentages than both Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez. So, if that's the case, he should be higher than them? No, because White threw less than 300 times each year and had not even 2,000 yards, all his completions were a product of his system, which are flats out of the option, which is why he threw for a dismal 6.72 yards per attempt.

There is no defending this. Your logic is synonymous with the guy who rated him, using college numbers to rate and not analyzing the game.

Last edited by joeysosa; 08-17-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #7
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Russell is turning out to be Ryan Leaf part deux, other than being #1 instead of #2, which in turn, he'd be a bigger flop, but we'll see this year what happens. if you've ever watched Russell play (and i know you have) i could easily see Pat White's accuracy rating being higher, just because White wasnt a dropback passer doesnt mean he wasnt accurate. let's see Russell's pass accuracy was around 53-54%, White's in college was a career avg of 65%, so i'm not sure why all the beef about it.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
Russell is turning out to be Ryan Leaf part deux, other than being #1 instead of #2, which in turn, he'd be a bigger flop, but we'll see this year what happens. if you've ever watched Russell play (and i know you have) i could easily see Pat White's accuracy rating being higher, just because White wasnt a dropback passer doesnt mean he wasnt accurate. let's see Russell's pass accuracy was around 53-54%, White's in college was a career avg of 65%, so i'm not sure why all the beef about it.
Read my above post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »