Home

Is there a way to get past waiting to advance??

This is a discussion on Is there a way to get past waiting to advance?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is there a way to get past waiting to advance??

I think it's extremely stupid that I'm playing a franchise with my buddy, we both finish our games and I have to wait to play the next week. Who's bright idea was it to put this in the game??? Am I missing something? Is there a way to turn it off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 03:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is there a way to get past waiting to advance??

Agreed. My cousin and I were planning on going 10 minutes with 25 sec ACC clock, but it's quite annoying to have to wait another fifteen minutes or so to hit the next week.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

Its to stop people who playing by themselves simming franchise in quick succession.

Its logical... they don't want to crash the servers.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Its to stop people who playing by themselves simming franchise in quick succession.

Its logical... they don't want to crash the servers.
I don't think the problem was that there's a waiting period, just that the period is too long. Shorten that up to 15 minutes and it'll prevent any sort of flooding the servers and remove the annoyance factor. Or allow X weeks per hour, which allows people to sit down and play several back-to-back games without running the risk of people slowing down anything.

Though I'm not convinced that's why the delay is there. If I were doing something of the sort, I'd have the simming happen on a different server, or servers. Then if the simming servers get a bit busy, your sim would just take a bit longer to complete.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »