Home

2K5 Vs Madden 10.

This is a discussion on 2K5 Vs Madden 10. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
2K5 Vs Madden 10.

does madden 10 have anything on nfl 2k5 this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: 2K5 Vs Madden 10.

Scar babe, welcome to the best 2K forum on the planet. Madden looks nice and has 2K-like cutscenes which really add a lot. And it's smooth. I'd give it the edge over 2K in those areas. And I'd suggest everyone at least give it a rent, although IMO much of the gameplay is broken which will keep me from buying the game.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Scar babe, welcome to the best 2K forum on the planet. Madden looks nice and has 2K-like cutscenes which really add a lot. And it's smooth. I'd give it the edge over 2K in those areas. And I'd suggest everyone at least give it a rent, although IMO much of the gameplay is broken which will keep me from buying the game.
thanks man.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

Basing off the demo and when I watched my friend play, no. I still find 2K5 superior to Madden 10. However, I'll rent Madden 10 to get a final say for myself, but that is after I get through a season or two of 2K5 with updated rosters.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I had a thorough write-up until I got kicked off as not logged in when I submitted reply but;

i'll just give the 'edges' right now after playing about 10 games of Madden '10;

2k5-presentation,running game

Madden-graphics,passing game,franchise

tie-defense

The only things I find really annoying is the challenge system and fight for fumble.

I'll go more in-depth soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

graphics- madden is by far the best this year

gameplay-2k5 because of all the glitches, bad animation tackles,catches,etc still in Madden 2010

presentation- to me 2k5 is by far superior. EA has some nicer looking cut scenes but many come at odd times, are still short, and just seam kind of random or pointless(and repetitive) 2k5 has a cool celebration feature which is really cool and is the best at this of the two by far.

Sound-Madden 2010 has terrible commentary, a poor soundtrack for me personally, and still no custom stadium music! 2k5 is almost as good as its gonna get for along time with its commentary and custom music(think fox,cbs,abc,etc themes, and any of your favorite music....eye of the tiger anyone?)

I go with 2k5 overall
Old 08-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 13

Another things that bothered me with Madden 10 is presentation. It is still bland. They advertise and say they have the ESPN license, but don't use it.

They need to figure out whether they are going for EA style presentation or ESPN style presentation. It seems that they're going for the former.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

I myself shockingly like Madden 10, I never thought I would say that to be honest. After playing Madden and then going back to 2k it really makes the bad aspects stand out. For example receivers dropping balls before it never bothered me but now it did. Madden's graphics are unreal, to say the least. I like the presentation but the one thing I do not like is how it is impossible to play as a db, especially online. There are little things wrong with Madden but those also exist in 2k5 so as sad as it is to say I'm enjoying Madden more...
Hey Baa7 what aspects of the game plat are broken maybe this will detour me from this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »