Home

Things that need to be patched in co op

This is a discussion on Things that need to be patched in co op within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Things that need to be patched in co op

First of let me start of by saying I really hope this thread is seen by a Dev because it will make the playing experience of other players a lot better and I hope it can be patched in if there's enough demand. The Co-OP mode is a great mode that me and my friends anticipate on playing a lot we are already hooked, but some things need to be fixed.

1. The Camera view on defense immerses you in the game yes, but when a pass is made you can not see behind you which makes it hard to stop the CPU on passing downs. What needs to happen is that when the ball is hiked the camera should pan out enough to where both human players can see the field to switch accordingly in the secondary. Along these same lines is the camera does not rotate when you kick the ball off on special teams which basically inverts your running and is a little qwerky. Also the play call screen for the second player is huge when the first player calls a play it blocks the view of the playing field temporarily. I think the 2nd player only needs a small like Pip play call screen at the top right corner of the screen.

2. Let's say for instance I set up the match and send the invite to my friend, if I am the one to set up the match I can only play QB, whereas on defense I'm free to play with who ever I wish to play with. Me and my friend experimented with this yesterday when we wanted to alternate qb only to figure out that the game does not assign the CPU to hike the ball and play QB if me and my friend decide to play other positions like RB or WR's. This has to be fixed, because are positions are interchangeable on defense and special teams they also should be on offense.

3. The third and final thing that needs to be fixed with this great mode of CO-OP which I thank EA greatly for is. I think that this mode needs to allow up to 4 players or more to either play against the CPU or one another, because 2 players against the CPU is fun, but my friends and I love to play competitive matches against each other and you can't do that.

I would compare this to EA sports NBA Live team play or more closely NBA 2k's Team Up Mode, but in a more limited since. In NBA 2k team up mode you can either play ranked team up where you are assigned a player to play with(which EA says they might do in the future with madden) or you can play unranked and set a match up just for friends to either play on each other's teams against the CPU or against one another.
This could be patched in and incorporated this year simply by allowing more players to join the game.

If EA really wanted to be great they'd allow Ranked CO-OP games where people could duke it out against one another. All in all the CO-OP mode is extremely fun, but it's short changed, because of those issues and maybe progressively over two patches the things I've said could be patched in Please.

IAN If you read this board please consider these things you've made a great game far better than anything we've seen on 360 and you could make it better as far as long jevity until next August if you fix these things in CO-OP. Thoughts??

Last edited by bigballa765; 08-16-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Things that need to be patched in co op

Nobody wants to get these things fixed???
Old 08-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Everyone is probably more concerned with online franchise and the problems there. I wish the Co-op cam was better. I agree with you on the defensive camera. I just think they should give the option for an overhead or wide angle view.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavestate13
Everyone is probably more concerned with online franchise and the problems there. I wish the Co-op cam was better. I agree with you on the defensive camera. I just think they should give the option for an overhead or wide angle view.
I understand what you are saying about franchise, but the CO-OP would be an easier fix and obviously for the longjevity of the game it would be necessary for them to do the above mentioned fixes.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Co-op is really close to being great, I think there are a lot of things that can be patched in, like I agree with the camera thing, that's something that can really alter the enjoyment of the game. The ability to switch up the play calling would be nice, or if not that, then let the other player have some input on which play gets chosen with a vote, or a highlighted button, or instead of ask Madden, the other player chooses a formation and a play, so the three plays on that page are there.

I think that the second player or whoever wants to should be able to call plays on defense, that way there's a split of duties. Online franchise is all server side stuff, remember so the fixes that happen are much easier than a patch. Co-op is not, and could also be a step towards full 7 on 7 online games (i say 7 on 7 because I don't think anyone wants to play offensive line).
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 03:55 AM   #6
Rookie

Exactly these are fundamental things that need to be fixed in an already great and fun mode. The camera I'm sure has "steered" a few people away from the mode, but I'm sure it can easily be fixed.

Also the ability to switch players and alternate responsibility can as well. I agree totally so easy. They just need to look at these threads and fix these small issues.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
Rookie

I mean that's all I'm saying is give us a camera that's playable.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

I was pumped for Co-Op, until I realized you just play the computer? WTF? I cant imagine anyone sitting there with wack angles just beating up on the CPU with their friends, a total fail of a mode in my eyes.

Now if they let us team up and play another Human team on live....well you might have something. Personally, this is one of the worst features I have ever seen in Madden. Right up their with SS mode (which could also be good.....but we all know that story)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »