Home

3-4....NOBODY gets sacks, NEEDS FIXED!!!!

This is a discussion on 3-4....NOBODY gets sacks, NEEDS FIXED!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Arrow 3-4....NOBODY gets sacks, NEEDS FIXED!!!!

everybody thinks that in the 3-4 on here that the DEs get all the sacks, but actually they get basically 0-3 and the LBs get like 7 max, i simmed a season and had most get like 3-5. so basically they just don't get any sacks. idk if that could be fixed if the aggressiveness slider was increased in coaching-defense. but you can't do that for CPU(i dont think) so that wouldn't really do anything. this to me is a big deal b/c it literally takes away the impact of stars like demarcus ware, harrison, woodley, and many others, if i'm playing them and they aren't a factor(espically the steelers) than that completely kills their key to defense. while you may be able to play user and make the stats MORE realistic(but not where it should be), the CPU and simmed stats are bad. if you SIM, very few sacks occur for anyone.******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">

Last edited by bigal093; 08-16-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 3-4....NOBODY gets sacks, NEEDS FIXED!!!!

I'm getting a good amount of sacks. My DE's have about 5 and my LB's have around 5-6. I'm only in week 6 too.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

but are you playing your games??? im talking about simming them. I have done decent playing user.
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">
Old 08-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Why would I sim?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel your pain, I'm playing as the Chiefs in a franchise. I'm in week 12 and have 1 sack. They have a 3-4 defense now, I'm starting to get quite frustrated because I changed the sliders to pass rush 100, CPU pass defense to 0 and my shed block to 100. Still it doesn't seem to make any difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

What about the other games in the Franchise? You sim those right?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

I just played GB vs. ATL (I was GB), and I sacked Matt Ryan 3 times in the first half with B.J. Raji. I had it set right between All-Pro and All-Madden (my skill all 13s).
Old 08-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Patscanes's Arena

OVR: 1
EA needs to fix the 3-4 Defense!!!

It seems that when I use the 3-4 in my franchise my Defensive Ends and Defensive Tackle get the most sacks out of any position on the team. In the 3-4 that doesn't happen...The outside Linebackers get most of the sacks..and in Madden 2010 Offline Franchise the Sim stats don't show that... I think Ea needs to fix that and also make it easier for an OLB to get sacks.

Another Problem is that the CPU AI blocks the same for a 3-4 defense as it does for a 4-3 defense..that needs to be fixed.....

Also during the off season during the draft and Free Agency Ea needs to address some things

Scenario 1:

The CPU Chargers enter free agency looking to upgrade their DE because Igor Olshansky signed with the Cowboys last year and hasn't been replaced. So they scour the free agent world and pick up... Dwight Freeney? What do you do? Now a 3-4 team has just signed a DE that doesn't fit their defense yet his ratings wont take a hit because they are universal for DE's in 3-4 and 4-3. And the CPU certainly wont make the switch to OLB.

Scenario 2:

The CPU Chiefs enter the 2010 draft looking to upgrade their OLB... they just switched to a 3-4 defense last year and need a PASS RUSHER. Sitting at the 11th pick there's an OLB... 6'0" 232 with 45 POW and 56 FIN... Might be a great fit at MLB or outside for a 4-3 team, but the CPU wont switch positions. But, 4 picks later the Steelers take a DE who is 6'5" 255 lbs who has a speed rating of 83. This guy who would, in reality, switch to OLB in their defense... but not in Madden!

The hybrid position would fix this so that who ever drafts them, they default into whatever position is more appropriate for the scheme... either DE or OLB.

This needs to be fixed

Special Thanks to "ImSkyKid"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »